Mairvul '23 mostest inneggspearenced teem evur

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, GeneralRebel said:

Bad year to make the comparison.

Rebels went 5-5 in 1996, but they did beat Alcoa 40-12, hehehehe

1 hour ago, GeneralRebel said:

Bad year to make the comparison.

Rebels went 5-5 in 1996, but they did beat Alcoa 40-12, hehehehe

Rebels also missed the playoffs that year, Alcoa didn’t. I'd rather have a spot in the post season over a W in the Blount County championship.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneralRebel said:

I think Maryville could care less about passing leagues.  Hold teams to under 200 yards and less than 10 points and you win ball games, period...

0 Questions on offense, my  prediction, offense will be more productive in 2023.  Gage is a stud but wait and see, other players will produce and become household names.  Offense line is bigger and faster this year than last.

Got it. Run heavy Offense. Hold opponents Offense to less than 200 yards Total and less than 10 points. :thumb:

Why enter a passing league if you cant throw it? Reminds me of the one legged man in the #### kicking contest. Run the ball and play action should be the MO this fall. Too many athletes on defense not to stop a few people. Like most everyone, they will need to avoid key injuries.

13 minutes ago, strongx said:

Why enter a passing league if you cant throw it? Reminds me of the one legged man in the #### kicking contest. Run the ball and play action should be the MO this fall. Too many athletes on defense not to stop a few people. Like most everyone, they will need to avoid key injuries.

How you gonna run play action if you can't throw it?

20 minutes ago, strongx said:

Really? 

10 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

yup.

7 on 7's help the defense as much as the offense.

I'm not a huge fan of 7v7 (I'd rather watch an Oklahoma drill) but with the direction football is heading, you got to invest some time in it. Oakland is never going to be mistaken for a pass happy team,  but in a year where we're replacing a QB that went 29-1, it's critical to establish that chemistry.

Never thought I'd see the day where Maryville leans so heavily on the run. They used to pop out college qbs like it's an assembly line