Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

5 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

McMinn Central sure had a tough region finals opponent. Can they not find someone over there to give them a game?  Lol

Not this year, we beat them like 8 games straight now they have beat us 12 straight. The games will be a lot closer next year but in IMO there best player is a junior.

Congrats to the Huntingdon Fillies for battling tonight and getting the win. Found a way to win when the shots didn’t want to fall. Chatham Co is a really tough squad. They really move the ball around on the offensive end and fight for every rebound. Huntingdon/ Summertown and Loretto/ Cheatham should both be worth the price of admission.

What about Emma Simpson coming to the game tonight to cheer her teammates on after having ACL surgery today and not getting home until 5:30 and made it to GC by 7 tip!! Westview faithful gave her a standing ovation to show all she means to this program! I don’t think GC knew what was going on or they might have to. Incredible kid and incredible leader they are really missing this year!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Not this year, we beat them like 8 games straight now they have beat us 12 straight. The games will be a lot closer next year but in IMO there best player is a junior.

Central will be will be pretty tough next year as well. 

2024-2025

Reagan Baker Sr. 

Karina Bystry Sr. 

Maddie Kirkpatrick Jr. 

Malea Masingale So.

McCary Beaty Sr. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

What about Emma Simpson coming to the game tonight to cheer her teammates on after having ACL surgery today and not getting home until 5:30 and made it to GC by 7 tip!! Westview faithful gave her a standing ovation to show all she means to this program! I don’t think GC knew what was going on or they might have to. Incredible kid and incredible leader they are really missing this year!!

We didn't. We sure would have. Prayers for this young lady. This is the second surgery right?? She lit us up over at Westview a couple of years ago. We were hanging right with y'all for a while and she hit 5 or 6 3's in a row and took the game over. Sure hate to see players get hurt. At the HS level in these smaller towns it sure is hard to overcome losing one let alone two. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We didn't. We sure would have. Prayers for this young lady. This is the second surgery right?? She lit us up over at Westview a couple of years ago. We were hanging right with y'all for a while and she hit 5 or 6 3's in a row and took the game over. Sure hate to see players get hurt. At the HS level in these smaller towns it sure is hard to overcome losing one let alone two. 

Yes her second ACL surgery in the past year and a half! She braced up and played as long as she could this season but just couldn't go any longer. She literally left it all on the court! She's had to have 4 total surgeries in her high school career. Great player and great young lady that has been a tremendous leader throughout all her adversities!

• Upvote 1

On 2/26/2024 at 9:15 AM, UCSportsFan said:

You’re wrong about this. I get being an an East Tennessee Homer, but York Institute lost by two to Gatlinburg Pitman in overtime. York does not have a senior on the team. They have a major D1 player that’s going to Clemson so takeoff your rose colored glasses. GC is also loaded and will be one of the favorites to win it all. 

I keep up with how York is doing during the season. They have a very good team, capable of going deep into state. 
The Mother of one of York's players played with my daughter in high school, when they won a state championship in the Christain school division. If she plays anything like her Mother, York has a gem!

I have watched York alot this year and I am a big fan of their program.   But there is a big gap between them and Central/GP right now.   York is struggling on offense (especially on zones).  They will not be able to stall the ball against the top teams.  Now they have an amazing player that can take over the game at any given time but their lineup is not as good the top teams right now.   Their top 3 players are as good as anyone but 4-6 is well behind the other top teams.   I am curious how they change this up or who steps up down the stretch.   Will #1 have to carry them on her back?   She may have to unless the 3's start dropping for the others.    I hope I am wrong but that is what I see when I watch them play right now.  Good luck to all the remaining teams.  I can't wait to watch these games next week.

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I have watched York alot this year and I am a big fan of their program.   But there is a big gap between them and Central/GP right now.   York is struggling on offense (especially on zones).  They will not be able to stall the ball against the top teams.  Now they have an amazing player that can take over the game at any given time but their lineup is not as good the top teams right now.   Their top 3 players are as good as anyone but 4-6 is well behind the other top teams.   I am curious how they change this up or who steps up down the stretch.   Will #1 have to carry them on her back?   She may have to unless the 3's start dropping for the others.    I hope I am wrong but that is what I see when I watch them play right now.  Good luck to all the remaining teams.  I can't wait to watch these games next week.

Great post and I agree. Next week should be fun!