TN HS transfer portal

Fnltexas

On 7/31/2023 at 10:16 AM, Fnltexas said:

When attending one of the D2 schools taking part in the HS transfer portal just know there is always someone better out there that can come and do the same thing to your kid.  Hopefully the LA Sr Qb is prepared to fight for the job.    

Indeed you are correct. If you are a full tuition paying parent better keep your head on a swivel. 

Middle TN(now it’s starting to happen in East TN) is exactly what is wrong with HS football these days. Kids transferring left and right. No wonder kids these days can’t handle adversity. What’s does it teach your kid when you allow them to transfer as soon as something doesn’t go their way or they disagree with something a coach has said or done?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballFan888 said:

Middle TN(now it’s starting to happen in East TN) is exactly what is wrong with HS football these days. Kids transferring left and right. No wonder kids these days can’t handle adversity. What’s does it teach your kid when you allow them to transfer as soon as something doesn’t go their way or they disagree with something a coach has said or done?

Some kids theirs no adversity. They just want to be in the national spotlight.

11 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

100% agree.

from what I have heard deuce knight is a great kid and a 4.0 student.  playing on a bigger stage isn't running away from adversity.  on the contrary, it is seeking adversity.  you think having 2 weeks to prepare for IMG is running away from adversity?  give me a break.

Edited by theawesomebro

14 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

Indeed you are correct. If you are a full tuition paying parent better keep your head on a swivel. 

I have several friends that believe if they are paying “FULL TUITION” their children should be given preferential treatment over those kids that are receiving financial aid.  My response has alway been,  even though I paid full tuition if a financial aid kid is better than my child they should play that position and my kid should be good enough to play another position.  Is it fair to the “TEAM” not to play the best kids in the school at the positions that help the school win a state championship.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

100% agree.

from what I have heard deuce knight is a great kid and a 4.0 student.  playing on a bigger stage isn't running away from adversity.  on the contrary, it is seeking adversity.  you think having 2 weeks to prepare for IMG is running away from adversity?  give me a break.

Agree. For many of these kids they're also moving into a situation where a starting position isn't guaranteed. 

On 8/5/2023 at 12:11 PM, FBfan26 said:

This is 100 percent correct.  Most of these kids are not running from something but to something.  There are really on 2 possible solutions and i don't see either happening. 

1.  TSSAA changes the rule to say you may not move for athletic purposes and investigates each case fully and requires the burden to be on the family's to prove it.  Not saying this is what should be done but its what other states do that are not experiencing it this extent

2.  Schools must start to prioritize athletics and development.  To do this coaches must be paid and in return expectations must be raised.  You cant pay a public school coach $72,000 s year and expect them to teach a full course loan, run a program that develops the kids year round, helps in there recruiting, and has little to no to say in who his assistants are.  Like it or not football is viewed as the front porch of most schools in the South. If you don't care what your porch looks like then don't get upset when no one is interested in your home.    Schools cant have it both ways.  You cant get upset for kids leaving when you are not giving them a chance to pursue there goals at the highest level.  If you have little to no off season program, no help in recruiting, and run the same offense for 30 years with no growth then you need to accept that the talented kids will leave your school if given the chance

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Fnltexas said:

This is 100 percent correct.  Most of these kids are not running from something but to something.  There are really on 2 possible solutions and i don't see either happening. 

1.  TSSAA changes the rule to say you may not move for athletic purposes and investigates each case fully and requires the burden to be on the family's to prove it.  Not saying this is what should be done but its what other states do that are not experiencing it this extent

2.  Schools must start to prioritize athletics and development.  To do this coaches must be paid and in return expectations must be raised.  You cant pay a public school coach $72,000 s year and expect them to teach a full course loan, run a program that develops the kids year round, helps in there recruiting, and has little to no to say in who his assistants are.  Like it or not football is viewed as the front porch of most schools in the South. If you don't care what your porch looks like then don't get upset when no one is interested in your home.    Schools cant have it both ways.  You cant get upset for kids leaving when you are not giving them a chance to pursue there goals at the highest level.  If you have little to no off season program, no help in recruiting, and run the same offense for 30 years with no growth then you need to accept that the talented kids will leave your school if given the chance

At the same time wouldnt this penalize TN high school football? In my few years on this earth I think this is the most talent/popular TN has ever been. Kids leaving Mississippi,Texas,California,NY to come play hs football in TN. These are pose to be the some of the top states in HS football.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

At the same time wouldnt this penalize TN high school football? In my few years on this earth I think this is the most talent/popular TN has ever been. Kids leaving Mississippi,Texas,California,NY to come play hs football in TN. These are pose to be the some of the top states in HS football.

Not really.  If someone moved hall way across the country its tough to say they just moved for football.  So most of those would still be eligible.  Unless that is the kid went online and announced he was moving to TN to play at so and so school. However they would need to show job and residence and TSSAA would need to validate this. States like GA and Texas do it this way and people have not quit moving there.  Its more meant to cut down on the in state moves that are clearly for football.  Again the schools and TSSAA just need to decide what they want.  If you are going t offer a subpar public school program where the schools have little resources then its prob best to let the kids transfer at will.      

• Upvote 1