Jeff Co vs Knox West Scrimmage

5 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I understand West lost a bunch of good players and needs a quarterback.  Jeff lost a QB and WR to AC, I was wondering how the Patriots looked as well.

Someone shared with me that Jeff Co put a hurtin on the Rebels and looked like the team that was hungry out there wanting to play.

West better get it together if they dont want to get blown out by them Bulldogs.

10 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Someone shared with me that Jeff Co put a hurtin on the Rebels and looked like the team that was hungry out there wanting to play.

West better get it together if they dont want to get blown out by them Bulldogs.

I don’t remember exactly, but back in the day (I wanna say 1991) Halls spanked Oak Ridge in a scrimmage back before that season started. They ended up going 5-5, and we ended up going 14-1 and winning a state championship. Grain of salt. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I don’t remember exactly, but back in the day (I wanna say 1991) Halls spanked Oak Ridge in a scrimmage back before that season started. They ended up going 5-5, and we ended up going 14-1 and winning a state championship. Grain of salt. 

A lot of truth there, factually for thee and theoretical for others. Good post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

10 years ago Ensworth beat Maryville 49-7 in a scrimmage. The next week East Hamilton got the best of Maryville in a scrimmage.  People thought Maryville was done. Maryville went 15-0 and won state. That was one of the better Maryville teams I ever seen. 

5 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

10 years ago Ensworth beat Maryville 49-7 in a scrimmage. The next week East Hamilton got the best of Maryville in a scrimmage.  People thought Maryville was done. Maryville went 15-0 and won state. That was one of the better Maryville teams I ever seen. 

I remember that. I don’t get too excited, or too down over a scrimmage, whether OR does good or bad in one. You just never know what’s taking place behind the scene. Coaches use scrimmages in different ways. Any smart coach isn’t gonna show his hand very much at all in a scrimmage, but some that aren’t used to winning and want “bragging rights” might throw the kitchen sink at the other team, you just never know.

12 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

The goal of a scrimmage isn't to win, although it's nice if you do. The goal is to get better

Right, it’s a scrimmage for a reason. West and their coaching staff had to learn a lot about the team, and I’m sure they did. I believe they only had two returning players on offense, which is crazy, and also, I mean, it’s not going to be easy to replace Carson Jesse, last year's quarterback, and running back Braden Latham, who was a Mr. Football finalist, but that’s besides the point. Hunter Dance, I believe, is going to be their new starting quarterback. He led the team down to the end zone many times now, of course, and they never got a touchdown in those many times, but still, it’s just a scrimmage. West had a lot of holes, and I imagine the coaching staff will fix them on offense. Their defense is already ready to go, and if this coaching staff can get the offense going, which I expect Coach Brown to do, West will have no problem competing back to where they were.

• Like 1