SP vs Oliver Springs ( Stone Cold vs Wizard of Oz)

Southtowner

14 minutes ago, team69 said:

I left with about 4 minutes left in game and someone correct me if I’m wrong but the Pirates D held OS to zero first downs. I think they did get one on a penalty. This Defense is so fast they going to be hard for a lot of teams to score on. I would Like to know what the D stats were…..I think OS has some good ball players but couldn’t handle the speed. This might be the fastest all around HS team I’ve seen in awhile. They have some Freshman who can scoot.

I'm thinking they got a 1st down on the last play of the game?   Idk if that was the only one.  Had minus yardage at the half.  

We looked solid defensively.   Kids fly to the ball.  Played in Oz backfield most of the night. 

Offensively,  we looked sharp at times but too much laundry tonight to suit me.  

Keep working on getting stronger upfront. I think that'll be key for us going forward. 

All in all,  not too shabby for a first game.  We do have some youngsters that can play as well.  

Prayers for # 5.  I hope & pray that injury isn't as bad as it looked.  

Shout out to our P.A. play by play man tonight.  Masterful job filling in.  I think you may have found a new gig.  

Go Pirates!!

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'm thinking they got a 1st down on the last play of the game?   Idk if that was the only one.  Had minus yardage at the half.  

We looked solid defensively.   Kids fly to the ball.  Played in Oz backfield most of the night. 

Offensively,  we looked sharp at times but too much laundry tonight to suit me.  

Keep working on getting stronger upfront. I think that'll be key for us going forward. 

All in all,  not too shabby for a first game.  We do have some youngsters that can play as well.  

Prayers for # 5.  I hope & pray that injury isn't as bad as it looked.  

Shout out to our P.A. play by play man tonight.  Masterful job filling in.  I think you may have found a new gig.  

Go Pirates!!

Congrats Southtower,sorta figured it would be bad, can't say I was thinking this bad. Could be a GREAT season.Sounds like you have one of the LOADED SP teams, thats say a LLLOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT. I've seen um.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, team69 said:

I left with about 4 minutes left in game and someone correct me if I’m wrong but the Pirates D held OS to zero first downs. I think they did get one on a penalty. This Defense is so fast they going to be hard for a lot of teams to score on. I would Like to know what the D stats were…..I think OS has some good ball players but couldn’t handle the speed. This might be the fastest all around HS team I’ve seen in awhile. They have some Freshman who can scoot.

They picked up one or two late in the game. But, yes, the D swarms to the ball like I haven't seen in a while.

Deez kidz can play. 9, 8, and 4 are a three headed monsta at RB! #20 (also a freshman) had two TD called back on him late in da game. Give any of dem dudes da rock and it’s goin somewhere!

Started a lil sloppy fa my liking but dat iz to be expected fa real. 

I think 7 need to touch da ball a time or two on the jet sweep but dats just me. Da ball waz spread nicely laz night. Ova all it was a solid outing. Gotta clean up da laundry doe. 

So sad that on the first play of the Game chase # 5 blew out His ACL. Prayers for him!!

wow what a mess of Team Speed!! When that Defense starts clicking it’s gonna be unreal! #4 just won’t go down! Very impressive!! I gotta say # 2 AJ Wallace is the real deal!!!!! Very very impressive!! Our O line needs a little improvement but being the first Game they did good. Gotta get a handle on those Tempers! Looked like Oliver was taking cheap shots and our guys was responding in kind! You can’t do that. Coach Wes sat them immediately on the Bench! Hats off to Him! The East better tighten their Belts for sure! I’ve said all along this 100Th Pirate Team is a once in every 15 year Team for South Pittsburg. The Defense even better than that. This may be the most skilled Athletes I’ve seen on a Pirate Team!!

1 hour ago, Geno said:

So sad that on the first play of the Game chase # 5 blew out His ACL. Prayers for him!!

wow what a mess of Team Speed!! When that Defense starts clicking it’s gonna be unreal! #4 just won’t go down! Very impressive!! I gotta say # 2 AJ Wallace is the real deal!!!!! Very very impressive!! Our O line needs a little improvement but being the first Game they did good. Gotta get a handle on those Tempers! Looked like Oliver was taking cheap shots and our guys was responding in kind! You can’t do that. Coach Wes sat them immediately on the Bench! Hats off to Him! The East better tighten their Belts for sure! I’ve said all along this 100Th Pirate Team is a once in every 15 year Team for South Pittsburg. The Defense even better than that. This may be the most skilled Athletes I’ve seen on a Pirate Team!!

Wait till you go there!We deal with that cheap shot crap every year!

17 minutes ago, BigCornbread said:

Who do y’all boyz think will be da biggest tezt fa dis Pirate team in da regula seazon?

Themselves!! If they stop the penalty plays and play together they will Win a Gold Ball. To fast to many Talented positions and good young depth

9 minutes ago, Geno said:

Themselves!! If they stop the penalty plays and play together they will Win a Gold Ball. To fast to many Talented positions and good young depth

Collinz and Wallace put dis already talented roster ova da top for real! I hope dem boyz on da ship got plenty of ammo for dis season cuz da cannon finna get plenty of action.