South Pittsburg vs North Jackson (Border Battle III) Stone Cold vs that Hollis man

Southtowner

4 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

From what I'm told with the current administrations this game is "years" down the road. I remember a few on here saying the Jasper gate wasn't needed, other teams would bring just as much in. If you had this game at the end of the season with 2 undefeated or maybe 1 loss team just think of the gate. Someone is missing out on about $50k this year. Not sure what the Pirates bring back next season but Jasper should be just as good if not better so there's a gate that the other team will miss out on next year.

I'm like PowerP.

The more bigger gates , the better.

I have no idea what the future holds. 

I just know North Jackson stands in the way. 

1 hour ago, CoyDillard said:

From what I'm told with the current administrations this game is "years" down the road. I remember a few on here saying the Jasper gate wasn't needed, other teams would bring just as much in. If you had this game at the end of the season with 2 undefeated or maybe 1 loss team just think of the gate. Someone is missing out on about $50k this year. Not sure what the Pirates bring back next season but Jasper should be just as good if not better so there's a gate that the other team will miss out on next year.

I always liked that game too but I guess in the long run it has no bearing with either team trying to win championships so I’m good either way.  Regardless they probably could care less what I think.  lol

i did hear once that Jasper got the huge gate from the last contract in 2019 and SP did not get one in 2020 and that was a sticking point. No idea if it’s true or not. 

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

@OLD PIRATE,  you were one of those that were very adamant about having this border rivalry instead of the jailhouse rivalry.  Yet you've said nothing thus far on this contest.  At least not here on the T that I'm aware.    Not that you need to or should feel obligated to.  

What say you?

I say Go Pirates!!

OP's probably in the witness program, LOL.

Tell him Grunt said howdy .

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

It's been a busy week southtowner. As for this game I think the Pirates get the W. If Wellington has a good night passing the ball it could get ugly.   I would like to see a well executed game from our offense. 

Yes.

Offensive consistency is what I'd like to see. A better rhythm if you will.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rlh said:

How many layers of Orange & Black, Blue & Gold and occasional layer of Maroon are on the rock?  I bet its not really a rock.  Its probably just a pebble with buildup on it.

A LOT! I know it was being painted in the mid 60's - wonder when it started?? Most of my kin that would remember before that have passed.