Huntingdon Mustangs vs Riverside Panthers

horse

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with much of what you said. Great post. Just want to point out one thing. If Huntingdung wins the region championship they are not guaranteed the first 4 reds at home. This year the upper portion of the bracket hosts in the 3rd and 4th rd. So if you meet the region 5 1 seed in the 3rd round you will have to go to them. Win that one and you get the semis at home. 

Huntingdon still has a bunch of quality opponents left to play in the district, even after this week. Way too early for all of this talk.

6 hours ago, MustangGuru said:

My 2 cents, for what its worth!

Huntingdon/ Riverside is not a rivalry, however .. in Riverside's eyes this is the team they love to hate and have the upmost respect for. Huntingdon also respects Riverside immensely. 

I have several close friends that live in Parsons, and they have kids who are starters on this team. They do not think they are going to run all over us, they do not think they are better than us at all. Riverside is well-aware that the record books are one-sided. 

They are also aware that both teams are very good right now. This game is going to have a Playoff type atmosphere. Region championship could very well be on the line for this game. I for one am glad that this game is in Huntingdon.

If Huntingdon wins, it pretty much solidifies them as region champions which will mean we host all 4 rounds of the playoffs if we are able to advance that far. If Riverside wins, it will come down to there game with Milan. So again, huge game for both teams here!

Riverside is currently ranked #1 in state, Huntingdon is ranked #5.. but rankings dont mean anything! The game is played on the field not the newspapers. 

I honestly feel as if Huntingdon's and Parson's rushing attack will eat up both teams defense. which team eliminates the turnovers? that could be the difference! Can Huntingdon continue to make its extra points? That could be the difference in this ball game as well!.

My prediction....

Huntingdon - 34

Riverside - 28

I agree w what bpm said, very good post. We are not disillusioned here. The utmost respect for Huntingdon. Horse I think said yesterday where is our posters. Most posts are smack and bold predictions. Hard to talk crap against a team this solid. Yes we are good as well but stacking up against Huntingdon will b a big test. Just hope it’s competitive and doesn’t come down to penalties 

On 9/24/2023 at 6:18 AM, @38320 said:

"It has become a good, clean rivalry - finally, after being one sided for decades." 

16 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

Where has anyone called this a rivalry?

15 hours ago, Riverside80 said:

I don't know if I have seen anyone call this a rivalry nutty boy 

Lol.. I guess I just read more. It's not a rivalry..

Last season i said after the Huntingdon win vs Riverside  that I still felt like Riverside was the better team and caught a lot of flak for it from the stank fans .The rematch was exactly what I said it would be and funny i never heard a word :roflol:. I have not seen Huntingdon this year but will.

I feel like the Riverside team and coaches are on a mission. Huntingdon is always a well coached well prepared team. This game could go either way but I still feel like this Riverside team has something special in its near future

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Last season i said after the Huntingdon win vs Riverside  that I still felt like Riverside was the better team and caught a lot of flak for it from the stank fans .The rematch was exactly what I said it would be and funny i never heard a word :roflol:. I have not seen Huntingdon this year but will.

I feel like the Riverside team and coaches are on a mission. Huntingdon is always a well coached well prepared team. This game could go either way but I still feel like this Riverside team has something special in its near future

Riverside played a clean game the 2nd game last season. In the 2 previous meetings the Panthers self destructed.