Rebs crost tha Pistull

STARSNBARS

Not to mention the kid kicking in the pile at the end of the half. He could have been ejected. Or the kid making gestures at the visitors crowd. Same old same old. It doesn’t and will not matter as alco will cruise to another 2A state title. They will dominate the rest of the way.

It was a great atmosphere by the hosts last night!

Just now, rebelwoman87 said:

You know what I mean. 

Listen, I give all praises to Maryville!!! They did what Maryville has done for years!!!! Limit self inflicted wounds, play sound fundamental, disapline football. I m not even mad that Maryville Won. It was a great game. And in high school that's all u can ask for,  especially a Maryville vs Alcoa game!!!!

But some of the penalties was petty by the refs in the miraculous moment the rebels needed it. 

I m tore up over our offense, I said it all year, especially after the Greenville game. We have to use our ATHLETES ALL of them. Not just the ones with stars, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what to stop , to shut us down or to force turnovers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yea right. The intercept Alcoa had was a take away your zebra called PI. The best team in the world could not have beat that zebra team. Congrats at winning  by CHEATING! :thumb:

Real Classy BC … I look forward to watching you bash the rest of the fan bases who make excuses for Alcoa beating them . It’s funny how every time Maryville wins it’s always the refs fault… even when it’s at Alcoa 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dirtyt26 said:

Listen, I give all praises to Maryville!!! They did what Maryville has done for years!!!! Limit self inflicted wounds, play sound fundamental, disapline football. I m not even mad that Maryville Won. It was a great game. And in high school that's all u can ask for,  especially a Maryville vs Alcoa game!!!!

But some of the penalties was petty by the refs in the miraculous moment the rebels needed it. 

I m tore up over our offense, I said it all year, especially after the Greenville game. We have to use our ATHLETES ALL of them. Not just the ones with stars, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what to stop , to shut us down or to force turnovers.

Pathetic man … whine about the refs , it’s grins and giggles, make fun of the other teams and their fans until you get beat… then it’s whiny excuses, so classy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pepvol said:

Real Classy BC … I look forward to watching you bash the rest of the fan bases who make excuses for Alcoa beating them . It’s funny how every time Maryville wins it’s always the refs fault… even when it’s at Alcoa 

Spot on Pep! It’s comical actually. I told someone this week I wish we didn’t have this game anymore. All it causes is vandalism for an entire week. Someone made the comment  that when Alcoa beats Maryville it is the only thing that makes them relevant. Makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Spot on Pep! It’s comical actually. I told someone this week I wish we didn’t have this game anymore. All it causes is vandalism for an entire week. Someone made the comment  that when Alcoa beats Maryville it is the only thing that makes them relevant. Makes sense. 

I’m actually watching the NFHS playback with the Alcoa announcers and no wonder they’re whining on here , those 2 clowns announcing are so whiny it’s hilarious. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Pathetic man … whine about the refs , it’s grins and giggles, make fun of the other teams and their fans until you get beat… then it’s whiny excuses, so classy 

Lol,I have never made fun of another team, maybe other Alcoa posters have I haven't.  And the terrible ref calls is something u come custom to when u play Maryville. Now like I said I give all props to Maryville. They won the game.  But we beat our selfs it wasn't cause Maryville is a big ole power house!!!!  

Alcoa came into the game last night thinking they were going to curb stomp Maryville. The fans, players and coaches. And they didn’t have a plan B for what to do when they couldn’t.

Derek and co had their boys minds right and a solid game plan. They may not win that game again but last night they were the better team. Period.

Brian better find him a bad cop coach soon too. The Rankin is wearing off that team.

2 minutes ago, Dirtyt26 said:

Lol,I have never made fun of another team, maybe other Alcoa posters have I haven't.  And the terrible ref calls is something u come custom to when u play Maryville. Now like I said I give all props to Maryville. They won the game.  But we beat our selfs it wasn't cause Maryville is a big ole power house!!!!  

LoL , thanks for proving my point , it’s amazing Maryville has never beat Alcoa without cheating! LoL you guys thought you were going to kill Maryville this year , BC has been running that trap for months because he thought Maryville was gonna get curb stomped and when Maryville fights back you guys can’t say great game guys we’ll get you next year …. No it’s you got cheated… it’s so pathetic 

47 minutes ago, Dirtyt26 said:

Holding penalties was a issue obviously!!!

5 turnovers was a huge issue obviously!!!

Some VERY questionable bad calls by the refs in huge moments needed by maryville didn't help at all. Offensive play calling was horrible.  But regardless I agree in a game as such,  discipline is HUGE to win a game!!!!! But penalties  for jawing back in forth I mean come on.  It's football u have to play with a certain type of intensity. That was just an excuse so the refs could pull maryville out it.  Officiating is terrible every year during Alcoa and maryville game and always has been

Jawing, kicking, shoving, walking across a player instead of around them to get back in bounds. I thought the officiating was fine. The majority of this crew worked the MHS Bearden game. There were hardly any flags in that game. Why, they played clean, and we kept our lights on.