West TN Rural Top 10 Week 10

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

17 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Actually Huntingdon has good depth. Both our starting offensive tackles from last year are running 2nd team presently. Our JV team has a number of players ready to play but just can't break in the lineup. Deepest team we've had in some time. We lose quite a few quality ball players this year but I don't see us dropping off next year, may even be better!

I understand and respect your opinion. You still don’t have the traditional depth of a Covington or Haywood. Last year Haywood  dressed over 90 kids.  That just don’t happen at the 1A or 2A level. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

14 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I understand and respect your opinion. You still don’t have the traditional depth of a Covington or Haywood. Last year Haywood  dressed over 90 kids.  That just don’t happen at the 1A or 2A level. 

Yeah I saw Haywood play South Gibson last year and couldn't believe how many players they dressed. Especially how many big players they had. Don't understand what has happened to them this year!

1 minute ago, Croppygenius said:

Yeah I saw Haywood play South Gibson last year and couldn't believe how many players they dressed. Especially how many big players they had. Don't understand what has happened to them this year!

Think I heard someone say they only start a couple seniors. May have heard that wrong though. If that’s so , then that explains a lot to me. 

14 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Head coach went to Bartlett.

Starting QB went to Germantown.

Their 1st 2-3 games they were playing with the 2nd or even 3rd string QB. Basically wildcat every snap. 

That's a lot for any team to overcome. Honestly, they have exceeded my expectations already. I am confident that the new coach will have them back on track next season. 

32 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

28 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Think I heard someone say they only start a couple seniors. May have heard that wrong though. If that’s so , then that explains a lot to me. 

11 minutes ago, Dp81 said:

Head coach went to Bartlett.

Starting QB went to Germantown.

Their 1st 2-3 games they were playing with the 2nd or even 3rd string QB. Basically wildcat every snap. 

That's a lot for any team to overcome. Honestly, they have exceeded my expectations already. I am confident that the new coach will have them back on track next season. 

Yes they did have coach and qb leave. And yes they are very young. If someone is going to beat Haywood they better do it this year. The Tomcats will be back with vengeance very soon. 

28 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes they did have coach and qb leave. And yes they are very young. If someone is going to beat Haywood they better do it this year. The Tomcats will be back with vengeance very soon. 

Yep. When they get it all figured out they will once again be a force.

49 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

They ain’t no pushover now. I think they’ve improved every game. I still think they can get to semis out of the 7-8 region. Just my opinion anyways. But next year will be business as usual in Brownsville!

2 minutes ago, JustinBuck said:

This is like the AP voters that vote alabama ahead of Texas completely ignoring what happened head to head.

Yeah. Those huge wins over Bruceton, Perry Co, Houston Co, and McEwen are way more impressive to BPM than 4a Crockett, #1 ranked Riverside and #1 ranked Milan. 

McKenzie has 1 quality win.