3.  JCS 8-0 W 56-16 over Lake Co  

4.  Hardin Co  8-0 Bye

5.  Dresden 8-0 Bye

6.  Huntingdung 7-1 W 51-0 over Gibson Co  

7.  McKenzie 7-1 Bye

8.  Riverside 6-2 W 35-13 over Adamsville 

9.  Haywood 6-2 Bye

10.  Munford 7-2 L 15-28 to Lausanne

Outside Looking In:  Covington 6-2, Milan 7-1, TCA 6-2, South Gibson 6-2, Union City 5-3, USJ 5-3

Lots of byes last week so not much movement  Munford losses but stays in the poll cause they lost to a really good team.  Are these the best 10 teams in West TN? 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Again. Solid list. Hard to argue where you have them. 

I will say that it is hard for me to believe that Dresden and Huntingdon (no disrespect to you guys) would beat Haywood and Covington. Although both defenses are not where they normally are. So i respect where you have them . 

Thanks again!

5 minutes ago, Dp81 said:

I will say that it is hard for me to believe that Dresden and Huntingdon (no disrespect to you guys) would beat Haywood and Covington. Although both defenses are not where they normally are. So i respect where you have them . 

Thanks again!

I don't think he's suggesting that they would beat Haywood and Covington. ( Dresden or Huntingdon would give Haywood a game Haywoods defense is suspect) it's based on who is the better team all around for there classification.

6 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

I don't think he's suggesting that they would beat Haywood and Covington. ( Dresden or Huntingdon would give Haywood a game Haywoods defense is suspect) it's based on who is the better team all around for there classification.

I can see your point, but as a general rule, The top 3A - 4A school should be able to handle the top 1A - 2A school. So when an individual looks at rankings, it generally tells them who is suggested as better. Again, i am not arguing his list, i stated it as solid. Especially with the defenses that i mentioned. 

4 hours ago, Dp81 said:

Thanks again!

4 hours ago, Sherdog said:

I do believe that in 1 game heads up that Dresden and Huntingdung would beat Covington and Haywood. I have seen Covington and Huntingdung up close and personal this year. Covington is young. I know they won the scrimmage preseason but would not win now. I think playing a complete season against 3A and 4A teams Dresden and Huntingdung would struggle with depth. But in 1 game I would favor them. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I do believe that in 1 game heads up that Dresden and Huntingdung would beat Covington and Haywood. I have seen Covington and Huntingdung up close and personal this year. Covington is young. I know they won the scrimmage preseason but would not win now. I think playing a complete season against 3A and 4A teams Dresden and Huntingdung would struggle with depth. But in 1 game I would favor them. 

I can definitely respect that! 

Again, no argument. Just a general comment. If Haywood's defense wasn't struggling i would strongly disagree (for Haywood's sake) however, I can admit that Covington and Haywood are not at the level that they are known for this season. 

I highly respect your input. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Actually Huntingdon has good depth. Both our starting offensive tackles from last year are running 2nd team presently. Our JV team has a number of players ready to play but just can't break in the lineup. Deepest team we've had in some time. We lose quite a few quality ball players this year but I don't see us dropping off next year, may even be better!