1A vs 2A

RexKwonDo

But I would also like to add that the top 1A teams seems pretty legit poll wise but some of the top 2A teams I don’t believe they are top 5 caliber. You could throw Mitchell, Milan, Fairley, Lewis in the mix I bet you those teams would hang with any of the top 1A teams. 
Fairley about beat Covington.

Edited by vandyfan1

20 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

S. Pitt           Vs       Huntingdon

Moore Co.     vs    York Inst.

Dresden       Vs     Marion Co.

MASE         Vs        Smith  

Union City    Vs    Riverside

Mckenzie     Vs     Loretto

There is my picks 

What makes you think Huntington would beat SP? 

29 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think some of you guys are crazy thinking that 2A top 5 can’t hang with 1A. Orange I’m disappointed in you :mrgreen:

I don’t think. They are crazy . Sone guy on here told me that 2a was historically the weakest class lol. There have been 2 a teams in the past that would beat top 1a teams just because of roster depth 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I don’t think. They are crazy . Sone guy on here told me that 2a was historically the weakest class lol. There have been 2 a teams in the past that would beat top 1a teams just because of roster depth 

I know Trousdale County was 2A for some years. They had some of the best public school teams I’ve ever seen with my own eyes. And I mean in any class. They were absolutely loaded in the mid-late 90’s. Although I think they were 1A at the time. 

Also pretty certain that Alcoa was in 2A for a good while. They were still clipping off state titles year after year at that point too.

1A seems to be more competitive because it is mostly wide open.

Sure there are the regulars who will be there late November/early December more years than not but a lot of parody in 1A over a long stretch

9 hours ago, Tide21 said:

It's that McKenzie feller that thinks that. He still riding that high from the week 1 win over Huntingdon.

On 10/17/2023 at 7:40 AM, RexKwonDo said:

Looking @Southtowner poll of the top teams in 1A and 2A, which is the better class?

S. Pitt                  Huntingdon

Moore Co.         York Inst.

Dresden            Marion Co.

MASE                 Smith  

Union City        Riverside

Mckenzie          Loretto

According to Ca. Prep project a matchup:

Huntingdon defeats South Pittsburg, Dresden, MASE, Union City and McKenzie. They lose to Moore County.

York defeats Dresden, MASE, Union City and McKenzie.  Lose to South Pittsburg and Moore County.

Jasper defeats Dresden, MASE, Union City and McKenzie.  Lose to South Pittsburg and Moore County.

Smith County defeats Dresden, MASE, Union City and McKenzie.  Lose to South Pittsburg and Moore County.

Riverside defeats Dresden, MASE, Union City and McKenzie.  Lose to South Pittsburg and Moore County.

Loretto defeats MASE, Union City and McKenzie.  Lose to South Pittsburg, Moore County, and Dresden.

That is 2A with 24 wins and 12 losses to 1A.

-------------------------------------------------------------

According to Ken Massey

Huntingdon defeats South Pittsburg, Moore County, Dresden, MASE, Union City and McKenzie.

York defeats MASE and Union City.  Lose to South Pittsburg, Moore County, Dresden and McKenzie.

Jasper defeats Dresden, MASE, Union City.  Lose to South Pittsburg, Moore County and McKenzie.

Smith County defeats Dresden, MASE, Union City.  Lose to South Pittsburg, Moore County and McKenzie.

Riverside defeats Dresden, MASE, Union City.  Lose to South Pittsburg, Moore County and McKenzie.

Loretto defeats Union City.  Lose to South Pittsburg, Moore County, Dresden, MASE and McKenzie.

That is 2A with 17 wins and 19 losses to 1A.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The above means absolutely nothing, but I felt the need to waste my time this morning.  

Edited by The Drunken Sailor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1