Head Coaching Openings 2023

SSHawks12

2 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

Because that is not how it works in the education hiring process.   

Lot of talent rolled through Westview and they never won gold.  

Best of luck.  

It's your choice but you might want to go delete all your post about this. 

On 1/10/2024 at 8:43 PM, Tigersandcats said:

Wes Johnson has resigned as HC of McNairy Central. 

Good man ran off by people who have no clue what they are doing.  Tough job , very little talent and the pay is not close to other districts.  Good luck finding the next coach 

40 minutes ago, Bobcats83 said:

Good man ran off by people who have no clue what they are doing.  Tough job , very little talent and the pay is not close to other districts.  Good luck finding the next coach 

Where do you think they go from here? Probably not to attractive of a job for sure. I was really hoping he was gonna be coach for the long term. 

16 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Where do you think they go from here? Probably not to attractive of a job for sure. I was really hoping he was gonna be coach for the long term. 

It’s very difficult to hire coaches at schools like this. Your best bet is to hire a veteran coach who has retired or is about to retire. Think Larry Kerr at Union Co. a few years back, or the late John Mullinux at Tellico Plains. Of course, the trouble with that is that they likely won’t stay long.

7 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

It’s very difficult to hire coaches at schools like this. Your best bet is to hire a veteran coach who has retired or is about to retire. Think Larry Kerr at Union Co. a few years back, or the late John Mullinux at Tellico Plains. Of course, the trouble with that is that they likely won’t stay long.

Yes it is.  They might dip into the retired pool from Mississippi but you’re right, won’t stay long and they have gone through a bunch of coaches.  Expectations from the community and the so called experts don’t resemble the talent level that is there

17 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

McNairy Central hasn't had any real coaching continuity outside of Coach Lott since the late 90s with Coach Browder in football and Coach Brown in basketball. Revolving door in both sports, and you guys are right, base pay and coaching supplements aren't competitive, and community expectations are unrealistic. Community support and commitment aren't where they need to be either. Plus, a lot of good players are crossing the state line into Mississippi. Adamsville is also in a downturn. Entire county government, central office,  and school board need to be replaced or the downward trend isn't going to stop. Really sad situation.

21 minutes ago, GOCHARGERS said:

When's good for you?

Gentleman, There is no need for any of this. Jarod Neal is a fine fellow with a great family. Everyone wishes him the best on his next Coaching venture. The bottom line is the Administration didn't see eye to eye with him and chose to go in a different direction. I completely agree with the move Westview made. I believe this was the very best thing for the kids. It is obvious that QuickStike is family or close friends to Neal and I get your upset but there is no reason to hope the program crashes and burns. He will be better somewhere else, and our program will be better with a new coach moving forward. In my opinion I believe GoChargers was just stating if you're trying to help Neal get a new job, he would advise taking down the comments before he listed some reasons why he was let go. Thats all. 

On 1/16/2024 at 1:17 PM, DragonVol said:

Any word on the Campbell County job? I know they interviewed Brent Hughes, Mike Clooney, and Jake Dawson. Anybody heard anything in this one? 

CC is a step down from Halls. Is Hughes just trying to get more out of his booster club, or is he trying to go to an easier region. I don't know the other coaches.

It was about 1999 when then UT-Martin Chancellor Phillip Conn decided that the football program as a whole would be canceled at UTM due to the massive monetary drag it was on the university that was also in basic default itself. Near zero fan support or community involvement & a guaranteed losing season had became the norm; it was a business decision. A rather unpopular one, & it never came to fruition. (He was basically run out of town & hired at Knoxville) Today, UTM holds a fantastic team, community involvement & a very good overall program. Like it or not, Jason Simpson is the biggest reason for this. Somewhere in the mix, Westview playing home games in that stadium may have helped to save the football program at UTM as they could not build their own & filled that venue with more people on any given Friday night than the Skyhawks would all season put together at that time. It would be foolish beyond belief to think Westview is not a premium place to coach football. Athletes, community support, money, it's all there in piles. Any coach looking to coach at this school is going to have the next Simpson, play games on his fathers field at UTM while being under that microscope & have to balance one heck of  a rabid, political fan base. Westview simply didn't have the size in the trenches this year they are used to playing with. They lost arguably the best LB in their region prior to season & to me, that & more added up to the difference that cost Neal his job.