Head Coaching Openings 2023

SSHawks12

On 1/24/2024 at 4:19 PM, tradertwo said:

Lexington job will be posted soon. Coach 'Worth will be assuming the Athletic Director position for HC Schools. Current AD will officially retire next month, but the duties will be effective immediately.

Lexington is 4A, correct? Seems like an awesome position for a coach to me. Just seems like it would be. How does this affect Hardin or even Westview? The last big openings around I can think of.

3 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Lexington is 4A, correct? Seems like an awesome position for a coach to me. Just seems like it would be. How does this affect Hardin or even Westview? The last big openings around I can think of.

Lots of similarities to both, but also different. Hardin has good facilities and generally has talent, but looks to be a little shy of the normal talent pool. Westview feels more different than Hardin...Nice facilities, but different classification and have another Simpson coming along which will almost guarantee talent to be there.

Lexington facilities should be finished by the beginning of this season and will rival some of the nicer ones locally. Add that they traditionally have homegrown talent, and the pay scale should entice some that maybe would hesitate to apply at Hardin Co. unless they raise the supplement quite a bit.

With the new facilities and the potential to hire a "name drop" caliber coach, some kids could come in to play there from Carroll, Decatur, Chester, and Madison Counties, which has not been the case for the last several years. I don't think that there'll be a control issue either, especially if they land their "big fish" coach.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Lots of similarities to both, but also different. Hardin has good facilities and generally has talent, but looks to be a little shy of the normal talent pool. Westview feels more different than Hardin...Nice facilities, but different classification and have another Simpson coming along which will almost guarantee talent to be there.

Lexington facilities should be finished by the beginning of this season and will rival some of the nicer ones locally. Add that they traditionally have homegrown talent, and the pay scale should entice some that maybe would hesitate to apply at Hardin Co. unless they raise the supplement quite a bit.

With the new facilities and the potential to hire a "name drop" caliber coach, some kids could come in to play there from Carroll, Decatur, Chester, and Madison Counties, which has not been the case for the last several years. I don't think that there'll be a control issue either, especially if they land their "big fish" coach.

Just out of curiosity do you know off hand the difference in pay between Henderson County and Hardin County?

6 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Just out of curiosity do you know off hand the difference in pay between Henderson County and Hardin County?

Tricky answer, and I'm not being evasive. Has lots to do with pay scale for teaching positions such as tenure and degree, as well as additional supplements for field maintenance. I'm also hearing that the current coaches stipend here can/will be increased. Without getting into anyone's personal information I can tell you that some former McNairy Co. employees who have come to Henderson Co. have told me that they had gotten well into a five figure raise for the same job equivalent. I did look at Hardin's stipend when your job came open, and if I remember correctly just the pay for coaching (before the additional supplements) was not too far off.

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Tricky answer, and I'm not being evasive. Has lots to do with pay scale for teaching positions such as tenure and degree, as well as additional supplements for field maintenance. I'm also hearing that the current coaches stipend here can/will be increased. Without getting into anyone's personal information I can tell you that some former McNairy Co. employees who have come to Henderson Co. have told me that they had gotten well into a five figure raise for the same job equivalent. I did look at Hardin's stipend when your job came open, and if I remember correctly just the pay for coaching (before the additional supplements) was not too far off.

Gotcha. I knew several had left McNairy county for Chester and heard it was better teacher pay . It's a shame educators don't make more than they do.

Friends, countrymen, lend me your ears for I bring you information of the utmost insignificance (because McNairy blowsss)... the superintendent was calling members of the community with the aspiration that he could dilute the support for the former head coach.  

1.) We have roughly 10 applicants. (I prefer to call them masochists due to they must desire hurting themselves to work here)

2.) On the search committee is a random parent of a current athlete. This parent is not on the board, or any county commission for that matter...

4.) McNairy has created this fallacious committee and given final authorization and approval to the superintendent because AD has washed his (gender fluid) hands of the situation to avoid being the bad guy. This man is a snake in the grass so grab your weed eater.

3.) McNairy will now be in 4A. This means what was bad, just got worse! Amen and Amen. 

I have to refer to the great boxer Clubber Lang for McNairy's future. "Prediction??? PAIN."

Edited by GregoryMartin
adding information

• 1 month later...