Who are the top teams in East Tennessee?

Jhooper24

32 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Big game tonight. Maryville hosting West. JV boys at 4:30. Varsity games follow. 

Maryville Rebels beat West Rebels 61-48 at West Rebels gym. Maryville Rebels should be able to win by more than 13 points tonight at home. Home court advantage is worth 7 points for the home team. Maryville Rebels will not be able to mercy rule West Rebels though in this game. I guarantee it. West Rebels are to good to let it happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

6 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Big game tonight. Maryville hosting West. JV boys at 4:30. Varsity games follow. 

FINAL (BOYS):

Maryville 56

West 51

It came down to the wire, but @MHSRebelsMBB wins and claims the District 4-4A regular season title.

Jonathan Woodlee leads the way w/15 points, followed by Alex Akard w/13

Edited by Red Rebels
I'm an editor.

12 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

FINAL (BOYS):

Maryville 56

West 51

It came down to the wire, but @MHSRebelsMBB wins and claims the District 4-4A regular season title.

Jonathan Woodlee leads the way w/15 points, followed by Alex Akard w/13

Congrats to Coach Lambert and the Rebels!!

Maryville looked really good in beating the defending 2A State Champion Alcoa 80-54.  Every player for Maryville played well. If I was a coach from ETSU,Tennessee Tech,UT Chattanooga,UT Martin,Austin Peay or other small colleges in Tennessee I would be offering Alex Akard right now. That kid can play. He caused Alcoa to miss a bunch of shots last night. He can pass the ball well also. Maryville Basketball will be darn good the next few seasons. Jonathon Woodley is a stud. He has a great shot to be a D1 player one day.

9 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Maryville looked really good in beating the defending 2A State Champion Alcoa 80-54.  Every player for Maryville played well. If I was a coach from ETSU,Tennessee Tech,UT Chattanooga,UT Martin,Austin Peay or other small colleges in Tennessee I would be offering Alex Akard right now. That kid can play. He caused Alcoa to miss a bunch of shots last night. He can pass the ball well also. Maryville Basketball will be darn good the next few seasons. Jonathon Woodley is a stud. He has a great shot to be a D1 player one day.

Agree 100% RR. I’m also a big fan of #22. He really competes.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:40 AM, REBELRON said:

22,23 and 2 are sophomores. That is really exciting. 

You've also got Luke Sigmund coming back next year from injury.  The Akard kid is really good, but I think Luke will add even more of a weapon in the post spot because of his athleticism.  Will need to develop some physicality, but I think he will do that.  I expect Maryville to make some trips to Murfreesboro , maybe this year, for sure the next couple.

10 hours ago, GovMan said:

You've also got Luke Sigmund coming back next year from injury.  The Akard kid is really good, but I think Luke will add even more of a weapon in the post spot because of his athleticism.  Will need to develop some physicality, but I think he will do that.  I expect Maryville to make some trips to Murfreesboro , maybe this year, for sure the next couple.

I think STARS is offering free garbage service to the basketball team now. LOL

Knox Area

AAAA

1) Maryville 

2) Oak Ridge

3) West 

4) William Blount

5) Bearden

AAA

1) Fulton

2) Anderson County

3) Union County