Bearden Bulldogs 2024

JournalEntry

4 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

I have no affiliation with Maryville anymore outside of being a 2nd generation graduate from a large family of Rebel alumni. That relationship ended courtesy of the lame duck AD (a Bearden grad I might add) and the HBIC.

That said, I could care less if a private school comes through and offers every promising athlete out of that school or any other school better opportunities.

Can't blame you one bit for the way your feeling. Eventually a lot of the money people will cut ties there if this WOKE agenda keeps moving forward bringing in outsiders when openings happen. This continues because most Maryville Alumni won't step forward all because of what the Smith's and the Jone's may think of them. It's war in my mind and I'm ready to take it on.

8 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

I have no affiliation with Maryville anymore outside of being a 2nd generation graduate from a large family of Rebel alumni. That relationship ended courtesy of the lame duck AD (a Bearden grad I might add) and the HBIC.

That said, I could care less if a private school comes through and offers every promising athlete out of that school or any other school better opportunities.

Who is this lame duck AD?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Can't blame you one bit for the way your feeling. Eventually a lot of the money people will cut ties there if this WOKE agenda keeps moving forward bringing in outsiders when openings happen. This continues because most Maryville Alumni won't step forward all because of what the Smith's and the Jone's may think of them. It's war in my mind and I'm ready to take it on.

Who is the Jones and Smith’s!?

I’m old enough to remember when I said Bearden was turning into a S**t show and Mr. IMADAWG and HTV called me a hater and how ridiculous that was. Since then they’ve lost 2 of their 3 best players, at least 5 coaches, and several other players who are about to jump as well. The Bball coach is shopping his son around, and chances are the RB will be at a private school soon. 

So do the JJ defenders want to just go ahead and admit I was right, or do you guys want to bury your heads further in the sand and tell me I’m just a hater and that this is all completely normal? 

On 5/28/2024 at 2:49 PM, Futbolfan2022 said:

I’m old enough to remember when I said Bearden was turning into a S**t show and Mr. IMADAWG and HTV called me a hater and how ridiculous that was. Since then they’ve lost 2 of their 3 best players, at least 5 coaches, and several other players who are about to jump as well. The Bball coach is shopping his son around, and chances are the RB will be at a private school soon. 

So do the JJ defenders want to just go ahead and admit I was right, or do you guys want to bury your heads further in the sand and tell me I’m just a hater and that this is all completely normal? 

I really don’t get your point. Yes, Bearden lost two superstars, that can’t be glanced over, but if you still look at their roster, they have star talent almost everywhere. I’m sure Jones was expecting to lose players. I mean, it’s been rumored since the days they both stepped into Bearden, but I mean, they still have star talent everywhere, receiver, linebacker, safety, defensive back, running back, not to mention they have two probably top 20 quarterbacks in 6A battling it out every day for the starting position. And knowing Jones, I’m sure there will be another star talent that lands in Bearden this off-season, which, based on hearing rumors, may already be there. I’m not too sure. But Chaz and Brody will definitely hurt, but I really doubt it will affect Bearden as much as you think. Maybe during the postseason going up against teams like Oakland, but I doubt during the regular season.

On 5/28/2024 at 7:53 PM, JSamson7 said:

The current one, not hard to figure it out. 

Yep. It’s a mess. That will be the most important hire at 825 in a long time. 

IMO there are too many people up there standing on 3rd base acting like they hit the triple. In reality, someone else (GQ) hit the triple, and they are simply pinch running and will ultimately get picked off unless they at least try to score. Not just talking about football.

4 hours ago, MissHawking said:

I really don’t get your point. Yes, Bearden lost two superstars, that can’t be glanced over, but if you still look at their roster, they have star talent almost everywhere. I’m sure Jones was expecting to lose players. I mean, it’s been rumored since the days they both stepped into Bearden, but I mean, they still have star talent everywhere, receiver, linebacker, safety, defensive back, running back, not to mention they have two probably top 20 quarterbacks in 6A battling it out every day for the starting position. And knowing Jones, I’m sure there will be another star talent that lands in Bearden this off-season, which, based on hearing rumors, may already be there. I’m not too sure. But Chaz and Brody will definitely hurt, but I really doubt it will affect Bearden as much as you think. Maybe during the postseason going up against teams like Oakland, but I doubt during the regular season.

Yeah. 

Kids only transfer in and out of Bearden these days, you know.  

That particular poster evidentially has a personal vendetta with Josh Jones.   Consider the source. 

And the kid transferring to McCallie is a terrific talent, but an opportunity to go to McCallie on scholarship (and I am assuming that is the case) is one that is very much beneficial both athletically and academically.  McCallie is a great school for both.  

Bearden will be fine.  And so will both of those kids who decided with their parents/advisors to go elsewhere.  

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Yeah. 

Kids only transfer in and out of Bearden these days, you know.  

That particular poster evidentially has a personal vendetta with Josh Jones.   Consider the source. 

And the kid transferring to McCallie is a terrific talent, but an opportunity to go to McCallie on scholarship (and I am assuming that is the case) is one that is very much beneficial both athletically and academically.  McCallie is a great school for both.  

Bearden will be fine.  And so will both of those kids who decided with their parents/advisors to go elsewhere.  

If it’s one single kid then that argument would make sense. He’s essentially had to replace his entire coaching staff in the first two seasons, and like it’s been pointed out only one left for a better job. The two most talented players in the area both left, and number of others are actively trying to leave, including the head basketball coaches son. Also, the rumors of financial problems and over spending by Jones. Unpaid bills, missing money, inability to fundraise, has the boosters sick of being hit up for money. 

Im saying that is the definition of a poorly run disorganized program. If you want to pretend it’s a well oiled machine maybe you should take your maroon glasses off. All I know is I wouldn’t let my boys play in that kind of mess. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/1/2024 at 3:21 PM, Futbolfan2022 said:

If it’s one single kid then that argument would make sense. He’s essentially had to replace his entire coaching staff in the first two seasons, and like it’s been pointed out only one left for a better job. The two most talented players in the area both left, and number of others are actively trying to leave, including the head basketball coaches son. Also, the rumors of financial problems and over spending by Jones. Unpaid bills, missing money, inability to fundraise, has the boosters sick of being hit up for money. 

Im saying that is the definition of a poorly run disorganized program. If you want to pretend it’s a well oiled machine maybe you should take your maroon glasses off. All I know is I wouldn’t let my boys play in that kind of mess. 

Bearden people have plenty of money. I don't think money is the main problem at BHS.