Does George Quarles return to Maryville?

JustinBuck

1 minute ago, JJrebel2010 said:

He’s not coming back to Maryville. Maryville has a great coach, and it’s his dream job. I’m sure tons of high schools will come calling for GQ. But I doubt he’d come back to the high school ranks, except maybe BA or another big time private school. If I was betting, he’ll get another chance as an offensive coordinator or assistant in the college ranks. He’s one of the best offensive minds in the country, and I’m not exaggerating. If you spend 5 minutes with him talking about offense, it’s obvious. 

One of things I always admired/hated about Quarles is his ability to set up a special play. He knew the absolute perfect time to use it for maximum effect. That and you truly had to pick your poison with GQ, he was just as content to run the ball every down as he was to sling it all over the place.

Feels like people try to hold Hunt to say same standard as GQ and that's just not possible and he also doesn't have Gaylor & Ellis like Quarles did

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

One of things I always admired/hated about Quarles is his ability to set up a special play. He knew the absolute perfect time to use it for maximum effect. That and you truly had to pick your poison with GQ, he was just as content to run the ball every down as he was to sling it all over the place.

Feels like people try to hold Hunt to say same standard as GQ and that's just not possible and he also doesn't have Gaylor & Ellis like Quarles did

Yep exactly. He’s so good at recognizing what defenses are doing and knows when to call those plays he’s been setting up all night. No matter who replaced GQ, they were never going to be able to do the things he did at the high school level. And to your point, Gaylor and Ellis were huge advantages to have. Great coaches. 

3 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

Yep exactly. He’s so good at recognizing what defenses are doing and knows when to call those plays he’s been setting up all night. No matter who replaced GQ, they were never going to be able to do the things he did at the high school level. And to your point, Gaylor and Ellis were huge advantages to have. Great coaches. 

They were basically a cheat code. Rarely do you want to be the guy that replaces "the guy" but Hunt has done as well as one can. Riverdale still hasn't been back to the BCB since Rankin left, though they weren't smart to promote from within like Maryville did

• Like 1

Seriously doubt GQ would pizz on Maryville if it were on fire. You think he hasn't heard about the Wicked Witch of the South and how the basketball coach was handled. Matter of a fact every coach within a 100 mile radius has heard about it. Right now we better hope Derek stays in place long as possible or we'll reap what we sow.

• Upvote 1