West Tn Teams

TnHoops23

3 hours ago, Bobcats83 said:

You should thank your lucky stars he took that job. Nobody wanted it and to get a coach who cares for kids like he does is awesome.  Can’t always go by wins and losses.  

I'll agree with that, and add that if he can't win there whomever follows him probably can't either.

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I'll agree with that, and add that if he can't win there whomever follows him probably can't either.

I can assure you that it is not the coach's fault. This has been the same experience with every coach they have had for the past 10-12 years. the culture for girl's sports is down there and the talent pool in that area is down. The talent they do have around there choose to go private or to South Side. JCM has a hand full of talented kids now so they will possibly have a decent program going forward. I believe they are a top team in their district this season.

On 2/8/2024 at 6:57 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Waiting on the Ken Northcutt/North Side experiment to end...

What are saying with this post? I am having a hard time understanding where you are going with this... Are you saying he needs to fired after 2 years or are you saying he needs to leave and go somewhere else where he has a better chance of success?  I need some clarity on what you are saying here. 

14 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I can assure you that it is not the coach's fault. This has been the same experience with every coach they have had for the past 10-12 years. the culture for girl's sports is down there and the talent pool in that area is down. The talent they do have around there choose to go private or to South Side. JCM has a hand full of talented kids now so they will possibly have a decent program going forward. I believe they are a top team in their district this season.

Been watching Coach Northcutt's teams for the better part of two decades...I have no idea why they're as bad as they are, but I can guarantee you that I know it's not Northcutt's coaching. His teams always played hard, disciplined, and smart, and when he had talent he was hard to beat.

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Been watching Coach Northcutt's teams for the better part of two decades...I have no idea why they're as bad as they are, but I can guarantee you that I know it's not Northcutt's coaching. His teams always played hard, disciplined, and smart, and when he had talent he was hard to beat.

Some times you can't make soup. 

On 2/8/2024 at 6:57 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Waiting on the Ken Northcutt/North Side experiment to end...

Why? It's not always about wins and losses.  You have no idea how bad of shape the North Side was in before Ken Northcut arrived. He literally had to teach them how to inbound a basketball. He had to teach the meaning of the various lines on a court. It was a disaster of epic proportions before he arrived. The school system should thank their lucky stars that he took the job.Its not always about wins and losses. It is about a coach to be a good role m!odel for his teams. It's about teaching his players how to not only respect others, but respect themselves. Ken Northcut is doing GODS work at North Side. The school, and the school system in general,  should feel very lucky to have Ken Northcut on staff!

• Like 2

Gibson County Westview Saturday Night as both teams advance. Gibson County beats Ripley and Westview Peabody went down to the wire as both teams battled. Big win for Westview. 

Huge games tonight as Crockett County South Gibson possibly battle for the inside track to Murfreesboro. Dyersburg Obion winner will be big as will the South Side McNairy winner. South Side and Dyersburg will be favored. South Gibson Crockett will likely be a four quarter dogfight. Tonight's action will be big. Good luck to all. Think I may head to Crockett to check them out. 

32 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County Westview Saturday Night as both teams advance. Gibson County beats Ripley and Westview Peabody went down to the wire as both teams battled. Big win for Westview. 

Huge games tonight as Crockett County South Gibson possibly battle for the inside track to Murfreesboro. Dyersburg Obion winner will be big as will the South Side McNairy winner. South Side and Dyersburg will be favored. South Gibson Crockett will likely be a four quarter dogfight. Tonight's action will be big. Good luck to all. Think I may head to Crockett to check them out. 

Any word on J Crawford? 

3 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Any word on J Crawford? 

I have heard mixed reports on knee. I will be there in action to watch them tonight so we will find out tonight. Prayers for her that she heals and can get back to action. Good luck to you guys as y'all begin the journey. Hard to believe it is about over. I am going to soak up as much as I can. Where is y'all's Tourney at Hawk?? I assume y'all will play Monday after tonight. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Might get there early gonna be a packed house 

10 hours ago, TrickyD said:

Might get there early gonna be a packed house 

Two good games. Dyersburg plays fast and presses and uses their pressure, speed  and athleticism they will be tough to beat. They play a half court game they are subject to lose IMO. South Gibson and Crockett County great game that Crockett just made a few more shots. Four good teams.