Page and West

Whs1984

3 hours ago, Whs1984 said:

Was a close game last year until West started throwing it outside and Page didn't have the team speed to stop it. But I think Page has almost every player back from last year and this West defense may be even better

I think West’s defense IS better than last year and Defense wins championships 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

In talking with a friend on the West staff this morning, he tells me that Page has a tremendous defense, only lost a couple of starters from last year. 

The West offense is really clicking right now. ,

I anticipate a very competitive 5A championship game. 

Without a dog in the fight, that is all I really ask for...

1 hour ago, HTV said:

In talking with a friend on the West staff this morning, he tells me that Page has a tremendous defense, only lost a couple of starters from last year. 

The West offense is really clicking right now. ,

I anticipate a very competitive 5A championship game. 

Not sure what gives in this game, both teams have played great defense in the playoffs.  West has found an offense in the playoffs, but Page has been stingy giving up any points.  Not sure what the under/over is, but I am definitely taking the under.

Have to admit - I thought we would be decent this year - but I probably would not have bet a return to Championship game.  Great work by the players and coaches for getting better each week.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, MeritIII said:

Not sure what gives in this game, both teams have played great defense in the playoffs.  West has found an offense in the playoffs, but Page has been stingy giving up any points.  Not sure what the under/over is, but I am definitely taking the under.

Have to admit - I thought we would be decent this year - but I probably would not have bet a return to Championship game.  Great work by the players and coaches for getting better each week.  

Honestly would not be surprised if this one came down to who got to 14 based on how both these defenses play.

Might even come down to has a better fg kicker also.

I think this is going to come down to a defensive slugfest or struggle; which ever you want to call it. I’ve been saying all year that we are stout in the middle. We are clicking on all cylinders now so, West will have to turn the corner running but, we have speed to match.

I think we were just happy to be here the past two years but now we are wanting the gold ball. That may be the difference this year.