Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

43 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I watched him when they played York and there’s no way to say he is. I mean they haven’t played the toughest schedule 

In the last two games, quarters and semis, he’s had almost if not over 400 yards rushing alone. I don’t think he’s had a game all year under 150/game, most only playing half to 3/4 a game. That’s pretty dang good and consistent in my book. He would most likely start at RB on any team in the state.

Edited by DbCooper

10 hours ago, bballfan12121 said:

Watched some film on riverside, The Indian defense will give them problems along with Cupples being out will be huge for East. Elijah Groves will look like the 4 star he is and him and Isaiah Groves will be the difference in all 3 aspects of the game. Not high on East pass defense and Riverside losing a big time receiver is a game changer. Also, looking at Riversides special teams they are weak and East will take advantage of that. Not sure if East will be able to stop the Riverside run game, but I don’t think they can stop the East run game. Will be a game of 5 yards, I got East in a close one 28-24.

After the last few seasons of studying Riverside closely and knowing some of their coaches,  I’ll say this. Everybody that plays them sees them as a running team, but don’t be fooled. Their coaches do a great job of exploiting weaknesses and using match ups on the back end to their advantage. If you are weak in the secondary they can become a passing team very quickly. I have no idea if ER can defend the pass but don’t dismiss the forward pass when playing Riverside. 

Edited by MustangDaddy

1 minute ago, DbCooper said:

In the last two games, quarters and semis, he’s had almost if not over 400 yards rushing alone. I don’t think he’s had a game all year under 150/game, most only playing half to 3/4 a game. That’s pretty dang good and consistent in my book.

I mean yeah but they didn’t have a tough schedule.  He should have ran over York. They looked like a middle school team. If that’s any indication of the rounds prior I’m not impressed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I mean yeah but they didn’t have a tough schedule.  He should have ran over York. They looked like a middle school team. If that’s any indication of the rounds prior I’m not impressed. 

Smith co defense was stout all year. Played Upperman, shut down borders from Macon Co and abunch of other. Groves walked out of the hole with 300+ yards and 4 touchdowns.

11 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

You gotta watch talking about middle school football. Croppy will be in here soon making you think middle school is almost professional ball. Lol. 

9 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Regular season, outside of Smith county, I agree. The last 3 games of the playoffs, and on the road for all games, the opponents combined records were 34-2 and he torched them all. He’s played elite no matter the competition and I expect the same Saturday win or loose.