Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was at the Dresden vs McKenzie game. Dresden didn’t choke. McKenzie was clearly the better team. Dr Aden was up 14-0 at the half cause McKenzie couldn’t stop shooting themselves in the foot. Too many penalties. They got that under control and the half and the game was over. I don’t know anything about Moore and Groves so you are probably correct. But McKenzie would beat Dresden 9 times out of 10. 

Penalties are part of the game.  I love you excuse makers.  (We were the better team we just couldn't score...got too many penalties...they scored more etc)

2 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

I went back and watched the Smith county playoff film against ER and I believe you are mistaking Big for good, those boys I watched couldn’t move

Because the team across from them made them look slow. Smith County had a great team this year. It just got ugly quick and threw them out of their game plan. 

4 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Penalties are part of the game.  I love you excuse makers.  (We were the better team we just couldn't score...got too many penalties...they scored more etc)

I think we all know penalties are part of the game. I wasn’t making an excuse I was simply stating the obvious. You were making an excuse when you said Dresden choked. I just pointed out my point of view. Sorry I hurt your feelings general. 

Booger observed Decaturville went toe to toe with a very very good Tyner squad last year in the 2A Gold Ball contest losin by 4 or 3 pts......CrossPlains got routed by Tyner a couple weeks prior to that contest...Booger nose this is this year and not last year......But Booger thinkin that Panther team didnt lose a lotta Sr's.....not sure.....if so tho, this Decaturville squad is salty experienced and bein at Finley a year before is a plus...

.....seems like Cross Plains gotta a Groves brother playin bout 7 outta 11 position on each side of the ball....the Indians gonna need to find 4 more Groves to ride that bus to Finley if the Indians want to hold that Gold Ball.....

.....every year theres only bout 4 competitive close Gold Ball Contest. to be witnessed.....thinkin this one has a chance to be one of those only 5 or 4 this year.....

......Experience and physicality carries moment.....Decatur County Riverside by 1 extra trip across the goal line over East Robertson....maybe 2

thats a Booger Pickin :thumb:

Edited by Booger
  • Like 2

Riverside brings back 19 out of 22 starters that was a 2 pt conversion away at the end of the state championship last year from forcing an OT and winning because Tyner was gassed and done for. I realize each year is different but with the experience returning and Riverside physical play it’s hard to bet against them. I don’t think any team they have faced in the playoffs has scored more than 1 offensive td.  Two of those teams had mr football finalist. Nothing against ER’s Rb as he is as good as they get. It will be a fun one to watch for sure and best of luck to both teams. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrockGBO said:

Riverside brings back 19 out of 22 starters that was a 2 pt conversion away at the end of the state championship last year from forcing an OT and winning because Tyner was gassed and done for. I realize each year is different but with the experience returning and Riverside physical play it’s hard to bet against them. I don’t think any team they have faced in the playoffs has scored more than 1 offensive td.  Two of those teams had mr football finalist. Nothing against ER’s Rb as he is as good as they get. It will be a fun one to watch for sure and best of luck to both teams. 

Won’t be the first time this year ER faced smith with 10 returning starters on both sides of the ball from last year. Smith is a good ball club. Went tot to toe against upperman for 4 quarters. Actually should have won the game. Upperman is playing for a gold ball in 4A

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DrockGBO said:

All of ER's playoff opponents had given up a combined average of 10 points per game in the playoffs before facing the Indians. All of their 3 previous opponents gave up less than 10 points per game all season (9.1, 7.9, 7.5). East scored 24, 49, and 35. Riverside is giving up 14.4 points per game and 8.5 in the playoffs.

Different schedules and competition and stats don't tell the whole story, sure, but East Robertson has shown a propensity all postseason long to buck some statistical trends. Should be a great heavy-weight fight.

Edited by jerrylawless3