Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

On 11/28/2023 at 1:08 PM, Salem said:

This is an indictment of TSSAA. Why would officiating not be consistent? Why do they get to play at Chatt? Watch the Huntingdon-Riverside game where everything is called and the game had no continuity. And then watch Riverside-Fairley and mouthing is rampant with no calls. We had games this season where guys in the huddle were flagged for mouthing and then the next game where players could jaw over every play with no call. Some crews call chop blocks every game and some never make that  call. The teams blocking style doesn't change but they can't move the ball because off the crew. Inconsistency is not a good look and these playoff all star crews have been lacking. 

I don’t disagree kinfolk but the fact remains that when it comes to the last game they usually let them play. I am just keeping it real

2 hours ago, DrockGBO said:

Riverside brings back 19 out of 22 starters that was a 2 pt conversion away at the end of the state championship last year from forcing an OT and winning because Tyner was gassed and done for. I realize each year is different but with the experience returning and Riverside physical play it’s hard to bet against them. I don’t think any team they have faced in the playoffs has scored more than 1 offensive td.  Two of those teams had mr football finalist. Nothing against ER’s Rb as he is as good as they get. It will be a fun one to watch for sure and best of luck to both teams. 

Watching the Panthers' games the thing that always stands out is coaching. Talentwise most years they are comparable to Forrest. This year their QB is better (our starter missed the whole season) and their offensive line is bigger (we choose to leave 2 270 pounders on the sideline). The exception is Riverside will have the right players in the right places on offense, defense, and special teams. They will be prepared for everything ER has shown until this point. They will call a trick play at exactly the right time and will be the more disciplined team on the field. Should be a fantastic game. Let's hope the officials aren't mentioned at all on here next week. 

1 hour ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I don’t disagree kinfolk but the fact remains that when it comes to the last game they usually let them play. I am just keeping it real

Just depends on the crew and the game. Some games they let them play and some games the referee wants to be the star of the show. All you can ask for is consistency for both sides from start to Finish. 

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Saw where Riverside has a gofundme set up for $18K for travel.

Can someone break that down where I can understand that exhorbant cost, please ?

The charter busses they got for the trip to Chattanooga last year was around $3000 this year just the busses have more than tripled in price plus hotel last year they stayed a night at MTSU and a night at Chattanooga with about 100 staff/players plus food. That’s the cost won’t get on my soapbox but I think it’s a bad look begging for money that’s being used on non essential things like a charter bus 

3 minutes ago, RHSPanther15 said:

The charter busses they got for the trip to Chattanooga last year was around $3000 this year just the busses have more than tripled in price plus hotel last year they stayed a night at MTSU and a night at Chattanooga with about 100 staff/players plus food. That’s the cost won’t get on my soapbox but I think it’s a bad look begging for money that’s being used on non essential things like a charter bus 

3 hour trip on a school bus sucks.

19 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

2 of the 3 are underclassmen and ER is a young football team anyway. I’m sure ER isn’t done makin noise in late November for at least another year or 2 or 3. 

Shaun and Taylor’s brother Kaden will be a freshman next year. Have a couple Princes coming in the next cycle I think. Theirs another groves on the team I forgot his name though. Plays corner and is a promising sophomore, had 2 pics vs Smith.

7 minutes ago, Biggameburt said:

Shaun and Taylor’s brother Kaden will be a freshman next year. Have a couple Princes coming in the next cycle I think. Theirs another groves on the team I forgot his name though. Plays corner and is a promising sophomore, had 2 pics vs Smith.

Hey let em know that if they ever wanna play else where Oneida would gladly take them :roflol: 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

Watching the Panthers' games the thing that always stands out is coaching. Talentwise most years they are comparable to Forrest. This year their QB is better (our starter missed the whole season) and their offensive line is bigger (we choose to leave 2 270 pounders on the sideline). The exception is Riverside will have the right players in the right places on offense, defense, and special teams. They will be prepared for everything ER has shown until this point. They will call a trick play at exactly the right time and will be the more disciplined team on the field. Should be a fantastic game. Let's hope the officials aren't mentioned at all on here next week. 

this is identical to a post i made a few days ago- riverside has beaten forrest in the QF 2x since 2019. both by 5 points. since then we have gone 7-14 and they have been to 3 semis and are in chatt for the 2nd straight year, this time as a favorite