Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

This was a very good good evenly matched game, ER did more than just Groves, left, right, and up the middle, AND that is why they were able to move the ball fairly effectively. I thought it was wise to mix in the pass more against a solid defense, but they returned to form killing some drives with stupid penalties and still had a shot to win it at the end...

Riverside made the plays when they needed to and stayed diciplined for the most part, #25 is a beast carrying the ball, all in all, a fun game to watch. Congrats to Riverside on their 1st gold ball!

36 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Congratulations to Coach Frost and the Panthers. You have a great coach and a fine man. Don't screw it up like Community did.

Been a long road since the Smyrna Middle school days Frostie. A lot of stops, starts and turns. Everything happens for a reason.

Enjoy the moment. You deserve it.

Frostie can't shock the world anymore. 

• Like 1

Waited for this moment for over 25 years, the chance to post after a Riverside state championship win. Congratulations to coach  Frost and the team. A well deserved win.

When you write for a small town newspaper you’re not only a writer you become a fan and I’m very proud to b a part of this program and community. Great season Panthers and best of luck to the most heralded senior class in Riverside history 

1 hour ago, PastorChode said:

It wouldn't surprise me of Frost moved on after this season. He's a special coach and there are plenty of programs willing to pay big $$$ to get him. 

He’s been offered in the past bigger and much higher paying jobs and has said no but I’ve heard there’s some real nice offers on the table this year hopefully we can keep him around 

9 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Waited for this moment for over 25 years, the chance to post after a Riverside state championship win. Congratulations to coach  Frost and the team. A well deserved win.

When you write for a small town newspaper you’re not only a writer you become a fan and I’m very proud to b a part of this program and community. Great season Panthers and best of luck to the most heralded senior class in Riverside history 

Congratulations I’m glad you guys finally got it done 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

I'm glad I got to spend nine years down there with the best students in the world. They are just good, hard working country people. Those kids and that community deserved this big win. 

• Like 3