Now that MTSU is looking for a new Head Coach could Creasy be their man.

BarneySox2007

22 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

There are going to be better candidates than Creasy who have been successful at the college level. On second thought, maybe Oakland can replace him with GQ.....

I don't think I can handle the thought of GQ going to Oakland. I always said if GQ had that talent that a school like Oakland has, he would never lose.

Just now, BarneySox2007 said:

Jeff fisher is so hungry to get back into football after no one has wanted him the past couple of years. 

Yeah, I know. I was slightly joking at first with a friend that is a MTSU booster and apparently some of the boosters like him a lot from his NFL days. Could be interesting from what is swirling. 

32 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

I don't think I can handle the thought of GQ going to Oakland. I always said if GQ had that talent that a school like Oakland has, he would never lose.

Lol was just my way of turning it around on Barney, don't expect that to happen but it's a entertaining thought seeing what he could do with a roster like that. Oakland is probably one of the very few public schools he'd consider if he came back to coaching HS

1 hour ago, lumberjackmak said:

Yeah, I know. I was slightly joking at first with a friend that is a MTSU booster and apparently some of the boosters like him a lot from his NFL days. Could be interesting from what is swirling. 

I don't have anything against Jeff Fisher but my goodness he's going to be 66 in February and he resigned from a job last year in the USFL after going 2-8.  If I were Jeff I would want one of those booth jobs like most other retired coaches and players. He honestly horsed around to long after his last pro job and stayed out of the lime light and a lot of people have forgotten about him. Apparently MTSU must be in the hands of a bunch of Dodo Birds.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I really can see him going to a private school now because of two great openings in the near area. I'm sure MTSU can find someone with college experience to come into their big tall aluminum stadium I'm so glad we don't go to anymore for state championship games.

I definitely see the private school route as a real possibility once his son graduates which will be next year.  As far as the MTSU stadium goes, I'm with you.  To say I'm not a fan of that facility is a huge understatement.  It's ugly.  No personality.  Drop a quarter on a seat and you feel and hear it on the other side.  I would say a few hundred gallons of kerosene and a match would fix it up nicely but there ain't nothing to burn on that playground swing set.

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I don't have anything against Jeff Fisher but my goodness he's going to be 66 in February and he resigned from a job last year in the USFL after going 2-8.  If I were Jeff I would want one of those booth jobs like most other retired coaches and players. He honestly horsed around to long after his last pro job and stayed out of the lime light and a lot of people have forgotten about him. Apparently MTSU must be in the hands of a bunch of Dodo Birds.

12 hours ago, justafan75 said:

I was just ahead of the report... Dang I am good. lol

13 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Unless some college team or a Private School offers him a ton of money.  He would be crazy to leave Oakland.  He  has it rolling.  Oakland has a ton of athletes plus kids transfer in like crazy because they want a ring.  

Do you know what public high school football coach makes?