Jeff Miner steps down at HVA

JournalEntry

19 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well what do we know about Tyler Wynn.

Carson Newman alumni, played baseball and football after graduating from Carson Newman. He went to coach at his former high school, Troup High School in Georgia, in 2009, after that season, he went to be a coordinator at Woodstock High School in 2010 before becoming the head coach in 2015 through 2018. He was hired at Greenville High School in Georgia as the athletic director and football coach. He stayed there from 2019–21 before taking a coordinator job at Warner University in 2022 before leaving there and taking a job at Valdosta. In one year, he took Valdosta to the playoffs, where they lost to Powerhouse. Carrollton 28-45, Hardin Valley does not have it easy, especially in their region, with schools like Bearden, Maryville, Farragut, Cleveland, and Bradley Central, but that didn’t deter him at all. At least according to people I’ve talked to, he has built programs up from literally nothing, from coaching new high schools to old high schools to rich history high schools. He’s been everywhere in Georgia, I think this is a really good hire for Hardin Valley.

I have a lot of good friends who work at Hardin Valley High and Hardin Valley Middle School. All I’m going to say is that, although I think it’s a great hire, they have to keep their players. They have three star-study football players on their Mac (middle school) team going to other schools this year, and I don’t think there’s a problem with that. If you want to go from a middle school to another high school where you’re not zoned because you think it’s better for you, that’s fine. It’s when you transfer during high school that I have a problem with, but either way, you've got to start keeping players. In Georgia thats almost impossible at this point, but I still think there’s hope in Tennessee, but I’m pretty sure he knows that, so I expect a lot of changes coming to Hardin Valley High School within the next few years. Just hopefully this time a Coach can stick around there for that long.

Edited by Elias287

47 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

I have a lot of good friends who work at Hardin Valley High and Hardin Valley Middle School. All I’m going to say is that, although I think it’s a great hire, they have to keep their players. They have three star-study football players on their Mac (middle school) team going to other schools this year, and I don’t think there’s a problem with that. If you want to go from a middle school to another high school where you’re not zoned because you think it’s better for you, that’s fine. It’s when you transfer during high school that I have a problem with, but either way, you've got to start keeping players in Georgia. That’s almost a pass at this point, but I still think there’s hope now that I’m not in Benton, but I’m pretty sure he knows that, so I expect a lot of changes coming to Harden Valley High School within the next few years. Just hopefully this time a Coach can stick around there for that long.

Why do you need to keep players in Georgia if you are talking about a new HC at HVA. I didn't know you had been in Benton, but where is Benton anyway. I know if Benton Tennessee, but that is in Polk County. Good luck Big E.

1 hour ago, Elias287 said:

Carson Newman alumni, played baseball and football after graduating from Carson Newman. He went to coach at his former high school, Troup High School in Georgia, in 2009, after that season, he went to be a coordinator at Woodstock High School in 2010 before becoming the head coach in 2015 through 2018. He was hired at Greenville High School in Georgia as the athletic director and football coach. He stayed there from 2019–21 before taking a coordinator job at Warner University in 2022 before leaving there and taking a job at Valdosta. In one year, he took Valdosta to the playoffs, where they lost to Powerhouse. Carrollton 28-45, Hardin Valley does not have it easy, especially in their region, with schools like Bearden, Maryville, Farragut, Cleveland, and Bradley Central, but that didn’t deter him at all. At least according to people I’ve talked to, he has built programs up from literally nothing, from coaching new high schools to old high schools to rich history high schools. He’s been everywhere in Georgia, I think this is a really good hire for Hardin Valley.

Great info Elias, honestly this would have been a better fit for knox Central with their rich history in football and a place just needing a great coach because the players are there. I'm not sold Nick Saben can change the culture at HVA because it's been in them to long.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Great info Elias, honestly this would have been a better fit for knox Central with their rich history in football and a place just needing a great coach because the players are there. I'm not sold Nick Saben can change the culture at HVA because it's been in them to long.

Was he the HC at Valdosta?

15 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

I have a lot of good friends who work at Hardin Valley High and Hardin Valley Middle School. All I’m going to say is that, although I think it’s a great hire, they have to keep their players. They have three star-study football players on their Mac (middle school) team going to other schools this year,

What is a 3 star-study middle school football player?