Cleveland vs McCallie Dual: Who wins at their best?

ohreally15

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

"Their kids"?? I didn't know a school could own the rights to a child. I thought parents got an option to say where they wanted their kids to go.

They don’t and plenty kids go to HC to train that never thought of wrestling for the high school. Cade Holloway trained there but went to Notre Dame because he lives in Lookout Valley so had to go private school, Uhorchuks trained at HC also and never planned to wrestle at Cleveland. We see Roller does the same. Most all strong wrestling clubs have guys that never would feed into the high school that they usually feed to! 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

They don’t and plenty kids go to HC to train that never thought of wrestling for the high school. Cade Holloway trained there but went to Notre Dame because he lives in Lookout Valley so had to go private school, Uhorchuks trained at HC also and never planned to wrestle at Cleveland. We see Roller does the same. Most all strong wrestling clubs have guys that never would feed into the high school that they usually feed to! 

His kid was at Boyd. “Carl’s” son will be turning 20 his first year of college but only an 8th grader at Mccallie this year. 

Edited by FR615

11 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Hey, if thats what you gotta do to be the best.

Coach Ledbetter and Villars keep doing your thing.

McCallie will ge relevant for 3-4 years then be gone again.

From outside looking in I figured Cleveland wouldn’t keep all those kids. HCWC has so much depth and a lot of kids around the same weight. 

8 hours ago, FR615 said:

His kid was at Boyd. “Carl’s” son will be turning 20 his first year of college but only an 8th grader at Mccallie this year. 

"He would have been tossed around by Hart. Lampert will manhandle him easily if he goes 138. Tenpenny had “coop” down 6-3." - FR615

I'll address these two comments since you want to go after my son, then its probably time to just log off of CoachT for awhile. This place is a cesspool.

Did I ever say he would beat Hart? heck no. Lampert has already manhandled him. So what? The guy asked who our 38 lber was and you felt the need to crap on him. Why? Because you think Tenpenny should have won? You don't like me or McCallie? I never suggested Coop would beat anyone 

And us holding Cooper back was a family decision. Did his wrestling benefit, sure. But one of the main reasons and THE catalyst as to why we left Boyd and did a hold back year is because my youngest son is dying from a terminal illness called Alexanders Disease. They had a new clinical trial at Stanford and we were considering a move to Danville, CA. We literally pushed pause as a family because we didn't know what we were doing or where Grayson would be. Didn't know it at the time, but we were actually blessed that he didn't get in because he ended up in Atlanta later that winter. In fact, he's down there today not that you give a rats ####.

But even if that weren't the case, he's still legal and well within the rules of TSSAA. He turns 19 his senior year. I could probably list 10 kids or more right now that will as well. Just off the top of my head I know 6 schools that all have kids that will turn 19 there senior year. For some reason though, you guys target McCallie because we have two

I'm done. Waving the white flag. I was warned, didn't listen. CoachT...you win.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

"He would have been tossed around by Hart. Lampert will manhandle him easily if he goes 138. Tenpenny had “coop” down 6-3." - FR615

I'll address these two comments since you want to go after my son, then its probably time to just log off of CoachT for awhile. This place is a cesspool.

Did I ever say he would beat Hart? heck no. Lampert has already manhandled him. So what? The guy asked who our 38 lber was and you felt the need to crap on him. Why? Because you think Tenpenny should have won? You don't like me or McCallie? I never suggested Coop would beat anyone 

And us holding Cooper back was a family decision. Did his wrestling benefit, sure. But one of the main reasons and THE catalyst as to why we left Boyd and did a hold back year is because my youngest son is dying from a terminal illness called Alexanders Disease. They had a new clinical trial at Stanford and we were considering a move to Danville, CA. We literally pushed pause as a family because we didn't know what we were doing or where Grayson would be. Didn't know it at the time, but we were actually blessed that he didn't get in because he ended up in Atlanta later that winter. In fact, he's down there today not that you give a rats ####.

But even if that weren't the case, he's still legal and well within the rules of TSSAA. He turns 19 his senior year. I could probably list 10 kids or more right now that will as well. Just off the top of my head I know 6 schools that all have kids that will turn 19 there senior year. For some reason though, you guys target McCallie because we have two

Don't take Coach T seriously, remember this is just a tiny amount of people who happen to care, too much, about outcomes and process within HS sports.  Nobody walks around making the comments you read here to people in person. It doesn't happen.  So this is the place where some come to vent about what they perceive as shortcomings surrounding the sport.  With that said I've told actively involved parents with kids who happen to be elite wrestlers to stay off coach t, particularly if thin skinned.  The perk of not having an elite wrestler? Nobody talks about your kid lol.

Whatever the "best" path for your son and family is I do I hope you find it and I wish you all the best. From one dad to another... 

Edit: Something occurred to me that was funny with respect to my son.  He was wrestling in a tournament and came up against Joe Sealey, well, you can imagine how that went, Joe was in full beast mode.  The local paper wrote an article and absolutely scorched my boy, I mean just killed him (it was weird how hard they went on him), and never once mentioned the other kid was ranked first or second in the country at his weight class at that time.  I of course showed the article to him.  We got a nice laugh out of it.

Edited by oceansize42
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, desselle said:

From outside looking in I figured Cleveland wouldn’t keep all those kids. HCWC has so much depth and a lot of kids around the same weight. 

It’s crazy how far out we have got a general idea of our lineup for when they hit HS

13 hours ago, FR615 said:

How old was Cody Chittum when he started at Iowa State? 

And as long as it complies with the TSSAA rules, what is the problem? 

Are you still lashing out over the last weekend? Making all the excuses you can in your mind for why you came up short.  Unwilling to accept that you simply lost. 

I have been there. 

4 hours ago, CarlSpackler88 said:

It’s not that big a deal to get this upset. 

• Upvote 1