2024 Heritage Mountaineers

16 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

I think the competition was a little different those years. Has Coach Osovet had to play against Bradley, McMinn, Cleveland, Alcoa. Not quite the same as playing against Cocke County. 

Wasn't until the 21 season they dropped down and played the same teams and scored the lowest which was 85 points. Cleveland  and McMinn County during those times were nothing to go home and brag about and Alcoa wasn't on the schedule then. Bradley until this year has never been able to stand up to Maryville until they went out and brought in outside players but that's another subject.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Wasn't until the 21 season they dropped down and played the same teams and scored the lowest which was 85 points. Cleveland  and McMinn County during those times were nothing to go home and brag about and Alcoa wasn't on the schedule then. Bradley until this year has never been able to stand up to Maryville until they went out and brought in outside players but that's another subject.

During those years Bradley and McMinn only lost to each other and Maryville. Even still you can’t deny that Bradley, McMinn, and Cleveland are definitely tougher competition than cocke co, halls, sevier co, Clinton. Not to mention wins against the worst WB and South Doyle teams ever, and against a winless Seymour. Not really an impressive resume. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 10:18 PM, swift13 said:

Like I said, and you just admitted, you do not know the reason those players quit. 

Just like how you do not know the reason a similar amount quit at Heritage when this coach came in and halfway through the season. Whether new ones came out or not, you cannot justify one coach over another based on those that quit.

I'm not going to say Coach Hammontree was perfect or his staff was top notch, but I do know firsthand what some of those players went through over the course of his tenure there. 

I'd like to see the coaching tree of Hammontree and the overall things that he's made happen at each of his stops and not the 'train wreck' you like to call Heritage. 

In one breath, nobody can fix it, another breath Coach O can, and in another if Coach O doesn't it'll be because of those above him or those that have it out for him. As if that didn't happen to Hammontree. You can't use one excuse for one coach and not the other. 

Pick your reasoning, but for God's sake stop comparing staffs. The big issue is what's going on NOW and what's being ALLOWED to continue.

Nobody is talking about the TSSAA rules that get teetered around either. Tobacco on campus, energy drinks being pushed. Dude up here in this thread talking about the new weight training coach that's had the athletes in his home gym, sounds interesting. But what do I know. 

I lived through the Hammontree era with my sons. His 10 year tenure at Heritage was way too long. That is the most hard headed, egotistical man I have ever met. He ridiculed players and degraded repeatedly. He ran off some good young coaches that loved Heritage but couldn’t work for him. I do know what I’m talking about and it’s not hearsay, I lived it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

I lived through the Hammontree era with my sons. His 10 year tenure at Heritage was way too long. That is the most hard headed, egotistical man I have ever met. He ridiculed players and degraded repeatedly. He ran off some good young coaches that loved Heritage but couldn’t work for him. I do know what I’m talking about and it’s not hearsay, I lived it. 

He won first at maryville so he did something right

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

It’s not hearsay, just patently false. As one of those young coaches he apparently “ran off”, coach never once ridiculed or degraded anyone. Sure he challenged kids and coached them very hard,  but we have different definitions of you call that degrading. Coach Hammontree changed my life when he gave me the chance to work for him. I learned more about being a man and caring for the people around me in 4 years working for him than I did in 20 years of my life. No one sacrificed more than he did. I left Heritage because I felt there would never be the support necessary to help the program succeed. I’m tired of hearing people drag others down especially those they truly don’t know. Coach has moved on and a new coach is there. Just let the man live and root for the team. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Aug 23     @ Maryville (L, 0-1)
Aug 30     South Doyle (W, 1-1)
Sep 5     @ William Blount (L, 1-2)
Sep 13     Powell (L, 1-3)
Sep 20     Karns (L, 1-4)
Sep 27     @ West (L, 1-5)
Oct 4     Knoxville Halls (L, 1-6)
Oct 18     @ Lenoir City (W, 2-6)
Oct 25     @ Knox Central (L, 2-7)
Nov 1     Clinton (L, 2-8)

2 hours ago, mountaineer said:

Egotistical? That's a new one. 

It's funny, I'm friends with two of the younger coaches that he "ran off" as you say. In fact, he helped them find jobs, encouraged them to do what was best for their growing families, provided advice, support and still does to this day. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighSchoolFootballFan11 said:

It’s not hearsay, just patently false. As one of those young coaches he apparently “ran off”, coach never once ridiculed or degraded anyone. Sure he challenged kids and coached them very hard,  but we have different definitions of you call that degrading. Coach Hammontree changed my life when he gave me the chance to work for him. I learned more about being a man and caring for the people around me in 4 years working for him than I did in 20 years of my life. No one sacrificed more than he did. I left Heritage because I felt there would never be the support necessary to help the program succeed. I’m tired of hearing people drag others down especially those they truly don’t know. Coach has moved on and a new coach is there. Just let the man live and root for the team. 

Agree.

The man literally sacrificed time, moments, memories you can't get back with his own family for every single athlete at that school. (and many others)

To those that continue to be negative about him and continue to bring him up; He's been loyal, hardworking and just his entire coaching career. Ask anyone that actually has a leg to stand on in regard to Coach.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, swift13 said:

Agree.

The man literally sacrificed time, moments, memories you can't get back with his own family for every single athlete at that school. (and many others)

To those that continue to be negative about him and continue to bring him up; He's been loyal, hardworking and just his entire coaching career. Ask anyone that actually has a leg to stand on in regard to Coach.

One of my favorite stats to point out; The late Bill Horton never won another playoff game at Rhea Co. after Hammontree ended his 10 year run as his defensive coordinator. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1