AAA favorites

UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, Nontypical said:

Did u see chatt prep? I believe they could have beat nybody. Dont know how their public. All boys school?

After watching all 4 games yesterday i agree with Chatt prep. Nothing against the 4a schools, but i believe a, aa, and aaa champs were all better than the aaaa. Just my opinion.

IMO, Fulton is the best public school team in the state this year regardless of classification. They beat all of the top teams in ET this year, including 4A teams, and then coasted in 3A state tourney after tough first game with Fayette Ware.  Very talented team and extremely well coached as always by Jody Wright.

Edited by Norman Dale

9 hours ago, Norman Dale said:

IMO, Fulton is the best public school team in the state this year regardless of classification. They beat all of the top teams in ET this year, including 4A teams, and then coasted in 3A state tourney after tough first game with Fayette Ware.  Very talented team and extremely well coached as always by Jody Wright.

Fulton was on a business trip. One goal and mission accomplished. This organization is a class act from the coaches down to the players on the floor. Love to see this kind of professionalism and humbleness. 

11 hours ago, Norman Dale said:

Would have loved to see Fulton vs Indy.

I'm a homer, but don't believe any public school would'a stopped Independence from getting gold. They had a downslide mid point of season but were beating good teams soundly down the stretch.

Edited by alessic7

19 hours ago, 85warrior said:

After watching all 4 games yesterday i agree with Chatt prep. Nothing against the 4a schools, but i believe a, aa, and aaa champs were all better than the aaaa. Just my opinion.

I have to strongly disagree with this.   Chat Prep is a cheat code in A , but doubt they would have won a game in the AAAA bracket.  They lost to a down cleveland team, and beech this year.  They do have a decent AAAA win over Walker Valley. 

Alcoa was not as good as the AAAA final four.   They split with Maryville this year (W by 1 and L by 26) , also lost to Bearden and Morristown East. 

Fulton I could see having an argument. Beat Morristown East by 3, Maryville by 9, Bearden by 6.  They would have belonged.  I don't think they would have beaten Independence.   Think they would have been a great game with Cookeville. 

I know you can't simply look at common opponents.  Basketball is a game of matchups.    But I don't think you can really think that Independence was the worst of the 4 champions this year if you are honest about it. 

15 minutes ago, dirtydawg15 said:

I agree with some of these recent posts.

1) Fulton

2) Independence

3) Alcoa

4) Chatt Prep

That's my list when ranking the state champions. We played Fulton and Alcoa this year and Chatt Prep last year.

I think that is fair.  Fulton is certainly in the conversation if not the best public school team in the state.