Dyersburg vs Upperman

I’m shocked that SGC beat  Dyersburg.  If Upperman rebounds well and handles the ball pressure they will add another gold ball to the trophy case. Coach Mcwilliams and her team has done a masterful job, preparing the team for their opponents. The girls have executed the game plans to perfection. 

45 minutes ago, Nontypical said:

Congrats to upperman but has any team ever had an easier road to the state final? I will say dyersburg by 10-15. 

If Upperman dominates Dyersburg,  then 7 AAA district is the state tournament . My grand daughter youth league team averages 14 points a game that's just crazy to me. Go Upperman. 

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

Good luck to both teams today!  That Upperman game was hard to watch last night.  I’m not sure I have seen a team only score 14 in a game before at State.  

None of this matters today, but Upperman held their starters to 11 points in the game. One of the subs hit a three at the end of the game to make it 14.  

37 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’m shocked that SGC beat  Dyersburg.  If Upperman rebounds well and handles the ball pressure they will add another gold ball to the trophy case. Coach Mcwilliams and her team has done a masterful job, preparing the team for their opponents. The girls have executed the game plans to perfection. 

If I’m not mistaking, SG beat Dyersburg when Crawford was down and out a couple games with knee injury. She leads them in scoring. SG looked terrible both games of the state tournament

40 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’m shocked Cocke County beat Upperman. If Dyersburg can get the lead and make Upperman play man to man it will be over if not it will be close

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I have mentioned this a few times already but I don’t think specifically to you. When Sout Gibson beat Dburg it was without their best player Joya Crawford. She is a junior already committed to Cincinnati. It would be like someone beating York without Beaty. 

Team A beat Team B who beat Team C so Team A obviously wins tonight, right? 

Yes SGC best Dburg during the regular season. But what happened that night has absolutely zero impact on tonight. And if anyone thinks for one second that the Lady Trojans are the same team without Joya Crawford they are delusional.

16 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have mentioned this a few times already but I don’t think specifically to you. When Sout Gibson beat Dburg it was without their best player Joya Crawford. She is a junior already committed to Cincinnati. It would be like someone beating York without Beaty. 

Didn’t have Joya, the team made up a huge portion of Hoco court, and the district title was already wrapped. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Team A beat Team B who beat Team C so Team A obviously wins tonight, right? 

Yes SGC best Dburg during the regular season. But what happened that night has absolutely zero impact on tonight. And if anyone thinks for one second that the Lady Trojans are the same team without Joya Crawford they are delusional.

I agree.  Crawford is an exciting player. None of these past games matter. One game with two great teams. Upperman is playing their best ball and Dyersburg is obviously a dominant team. Can’t wait to see the outcome.

2 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

I agree.  Crawford is an exciting player. None of these past games matter. One game with two great teams. Upperman is playing their best ball and Dyersburg is obviously a dominant team. Can’t wait to see the outcome.

It’s going to be a good one tonight. 

And on a side note I’m staying in the same hotel as Upperman. You have a great group of kids, coaches, families, and support staff. Sometimes people do not receive the proper praise for the way they represent their school and community. A great group. If we were not playing then I would be pulling for them tonight.

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman's defense was lights out. They were in great position every single time with that 2-3 zone. Thought South Gibson's defense wasn't bad either. Upperman made their shots. South Gibson didn't. Dyersburg is very athletic. They kinda went with the flow a lot not being challenged in West Tennessee and kinda playing to the level of their competition. Ought to be a dogfight for sure. Game will probably come down to Turnovers and Rebounds like you said. Dyersburg is loaded with talent with more on the way. Be interesting game for sure.