DCA vs. Boyd Buchanan

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

About the "weak region" thing. If you'll look at both Boyd's and Spitt's schedule you'll see that the non-region games are always higher classification teams.

Boyd played: Howard (4A) East Ridge (4A) Walker Valley (4A) Baylor (DII 3A and before their rash of injuries) Goodpasture (2A) and either won big or played a very close game. Yeah, with the exeption of SPitt region 3 is average but outside of that Boyd played the toughest teams that would play them. You'll notice that all but one of the non region foes were in the playoffs.

I predict a tough and hard fought contest with BBS coming out on top!

BTW, the interferance call in OT was not bogus, the FOX replay from the endzone camera (behind the receiver) clearly shows him being held while the ball was in the air. Get over it, the best playing team in the state won that night.

GO BUCS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really heard much about DCA or ever even see them play, but we found out in the first round how good of a team Boyd is. I have no prediction, but I wish Boyd the best of luck.

Oh, and anyone who had been claiming that Boyd wasn't sportsman-like or whatever, I never heard a word from them personally while the game lasted, then their coach (Coach Akins, is that his name?) came over to our huddle after the game was over and congratulated us on our season. Maybe I just missed all the trash-talking or whatever, but Boyd has my respect when it comes to conduct.

Last thing: Can someone please tell me what was the final score on the Boyd/CAK game last week?

BTW, the interferance call in OT was not bogus, the FOX replay from the endzone camera (behind the receiver) clearly shows him being held while the ball was in the air. Get over it, the best playing team in the state won that night.

GO BUCS

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, GET OVER IT! Doesn't anyone read posts anymore?

I was over it the minute we won the game. The only reason I mentioned it was in response to another post that claimed BB was the better team last year and lost because they didn't run the ball in overtime.

And by the way, the same TV cameras clearly showed a fumble by BB in overtime that should have been CPA's ball. But the point is, all games involve plays like that and calls like that. The better team is the one who wins - it's that simple. That's why they keep score.

You get no points for talent or potential, and points determine winners.

If BB wins ths year (and I think they will), they are the best team in the state. The champion is the best team in the state.

truly fayette acadmey is one of the top teams in the state and they should be playing for a state title fri nite.. dca your championship game was against fayette last week, you are a good team no doubt, hope everyone heals up ok. will be interesting to see wooden next year, but lets face the facts the boys from fayette acadmey are bad news, and bodiford is truly amazing, dca u needed some help with them and u got it. ...............boyd by 20+

I haven't really heard much about DCA or ever even see them play, but we found out in the first round how good of a team Boyd is. I have no prediction, but I wish Boyd the best of luck.

Oh, and anyone who had been claiming that Boyd wasn't sportsman-like or whatever, I never heard a word from them personally while the game lasted, then their coach (Coach Akins, is that his name?) came over to our huddle after the game was over and congratulated us on our season. Maybe I just missed all the trash-talking or whatever, but Boyd has my respect when it comes to conduct.

Last thing: Can someone please tell me what was the final score on the Boyd/CAK game last week?

Nice post.

I appreciate that you would take the time to give your assessment of Boyd's sportsmanship.

I am not defending bad sportsmanship, but I can't help but wonder if those who claim that they received some bad sportsmanship from Boyd may have dished some out.

To all DCA fans and supporters:

Good luck tomorrow, please take care on the trip to MT. You have had an awesome season and I wish the best to those of your team that are injured. No matter what the outcome these young men have learned (and will continue to learn) from the ups and downs of this season.

GO BUCS!! Play hard, smart and with dignity remembering those who played before you!