DCA vs. Boyd Buchanan

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I played for the bucs last year when we fell short in the championship game. i feel one of the main reasons we lost was the fact that we couldn't move the ball on the ground very well. i have seen four BB games this year and everytime they have been able to run the ball very well. against SP they struggled more than usual but found a way to get it done. if someone really thinks that this game is going to be a blow out either way they are wrong. when you make it this far you don't look at stats, or records or whats been done in the past. the team that shows up to play football will when regardless of who in on the field. i think boyd will pull this one out in a close one but if they can't move the ball on the ground very well they could in trouble. the defense will come through with big plays like they have all year and lead the team to the gold ball.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excerpt from the Tennessean:

A deep depth chart: Donelson Christian Academy standout running back Chris Wooden is banged up (he has a partially torn MCL). So when No. 2 running back Matt Meacham broke his ankle on Friday night against Fayette Academy, the question had to be asked: Who's the No. 3 running back?

''I'm the No. 1 back and the No. 3 back,'' said Wooden, who has played sparingly the past two weeks. ''I don't plan on coming out. If I'm breathing, I'll be out there.''

DCA faces Boyd-Buchanan at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, but should Wooden not be able to play the entire game, the Wildcats need to look way down the depth chart to junior Drew Wooden and sophomore Ryan Fields. Those two may split carrying the ball if Wooden can't go full time.

THERE IS HOPE!!

Edited by unbiasedspectator

people get on here writing that region 5 is the best. yes i give you that you have good teams in there but last year BOYD should have won the blue cross bowl. they had 1st and goal from like the 5 yard line. give it to your 250 pound running back. the peardon guy is good . i thought he should have been the starting rb last year. yall said wille nelson put on a show in the championship game . you should have saw him against gordonsville. he was talking crap at the coin toss. i liked playing against him though he made me play harder. where did he go play college at? how is healy doing in college? good luck boyd . bring the championship back to the EAST SIDE.

i wish both teams the best of luck...although i believe that fayette academy deserves to be there playing, i truly believe that dca will get hammered this week, they have no one to run for them, they have good players but i just think that boyd is too too strong for them, especially since wooden and meecham were their whole team, yea i said it....wooden and meecham were their whole team....they have a decent line but then slow on defense....i just dont think they will do it....but good luck to both teams!!

people get on here writing that region 5 is the best. yes i give you that you have good teams in there but last year BOYD should have won the blue cross bowl. they had 1st and goal from like the 5 yard line. give it to your 250 pound running back. the peardon guy is good . i thought he should have been the starting rb last year. yall said wille nelson put on a show in the championship game . you should have saw him against gordonsville. he was talking crap at the coin toss. i liked playing against him though he made me play harder. where did he go play college at? how is healy doing in college? good luck boyd . bring the championship back to the EAST SIDE.

BB lost last year to the best team in the state. Not because they didn't run the right plays, but because CPA stopped them 8 plays (4 from the 10 and 4 from the 5). 4 of those plays were running plays that CPA STUFFED!! One play was a bogus interference call that gave BB 4 more plays and one play was a fumble that CPA recovered and the refs gave it back to BB.

Nelson was stuffed several times in the game for no or lost yardage.

THE BEST TEAM WON!

I have to say Boyd will win this game. It will not be a easy game like CAK but I feel the bucs are ready and will not let another golden ball slip away. We have a great team this year, that is dedicated, and I feel they have put more into this season then any previous year. I can not wait for the game on friday.

GO BUCS

Smithers-read what people post before you post or don't post at all