WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone from DCA heard if Wooden will get any carries in the game or what his status is? Im sure he'll get some carries in the title game but what percentage is he?

Any posts that state Chris Wooden will be limited on offense are greatly exaggerated. Yes, he was hurt. However, let me remind people that injuries heal. Because the field is turf and doesn't "give" well, I would suspect he may be limited on defense(which is a shame because of the injury to meacham also), but anyone who believes Wooden will be limited on offense because of an injury that occured 3 weeks ago friday, will be greatly suprised at his ability to return from an injury. However, with that said........how well Chris Wooden plays, depends on Chris Wooden's determination to play, and the assistance of the offensive line.

Say what you want, but Boyd and S.P. were the two best this year. The big 3 from region 5 was also good, but I think Boyd and S.P. were a little better. Boyd's defense is very good. We scored at will on every team we played except them. D.C.A. will have trouble moving the ball on Boyd unless they throw it some. I am a South Pitt fan, but I think it is just Boyd's year to win one. Most people from Boyd will tell you they were very evenly matched with South Pitt. If they can beat us twice they will beat D.C.A.

Boyd 34

D.C.A 13

I don't think teams such as Boyd, South Pitt or any other team have any right to say that they are the best teams in the State until they actually win a state championship. That may very well happen Friday and if it does, then you can talk. The reason Boyd and South Pitt dominated teams all season is because they didn't play anybody but each other all season. South Pittsburgh's only losses were to Boyd Buchanon and BB beat won every game against a 1A team by at least 13 points. Guess what, those two teams have been dominating the east for a couple of years now. That hasn't helped once they meet someone from Region 5. I think Boyd will win this game, but only because of the injuries facing DCA. Wooden is an unbelievable back and so was Meacham. It is unfortunate that those two won't be able to play this week. I feel like Fayette Academy would have been in a better position to beat Boyd in the championship because they are much healthier at this point in the season. Plus does anybody realize how fast Collin Bodiford would be on turf. I know the DCA fans can imagine. DCA is still a solid team without Wooden or Meacham and they have proved that they can win the big game because they have been doing just that for three weeks now. Their last three games have been close, hard-fought wins over CPA, Ezell-Harding, and Fayette Academy. Those teams added to DCA and Boyd are probably the five best teams in the state. I guess we will find out just how good the teams out of the East are on Friday.