DCA vs. Boyd Buchanan

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

i'm truely sick of all your whining amontague. arent there bad calls in every football game? i mean i know your mad because they were against your team but still- it's frickin high school football= get over it.... what about the bad calls on our side. #20 fell right in front of Hall and Hall tripped over him and we got called for the penalty because your player forgot how to run- it went both ways so keep your whiny comments to yourself please. oo and if your wondering, Out of the guys who had their shirts off with the letters painted on them last night- i was the G, not that it matters, but i figured i'd tell you anyways...

First of all, the reason Winstin (#20) fell was because the DCA receiver ran over him. Winstin has ran for over 1500 yards this season so I don't think he has any problems staying on his feet. It's much harder to run when someone is stepping on your legs. I don't think the DCA receiver meant to hit him; Winstin just got in better position and they got tangled up. Next, I have referee'd basketball games before so I understand how hard of a job it is. I thought that the referees did an exceptional job calling the game...............up until the last five minutes. It seemed they only got involved when the game was on the line, which is what referees are not supposed to do. When you have two great teams in a game as important as this one was; you want the players to decide it, not the refs. I was happy to see that the DCA fans do realize that the pass interference and face-mask penalties were BS calls that kept their season alive. Last, I will say that it was very obvious that Wooden was not a 100%. He was a good runningback at probably about 60%, he would have probably been scary if completely healthy. The way he hits the hole is amazing, even when injured. It would have been nice to see the showdown between him and Bodiford. However, DCA fans complain that it would have been ugly if they would have had Wooden healthy, but they couldn't have done much more than they did on offense. Meacham did a wonderful job carrying the load. They just had no answer for Collin Bodiford which is why the game was as close as it was.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA will win without Meacham or Wooden, if they bring the same refs that they had last night at the Fayette game. Fayette had to play the refs and the home team last night. I do not think that Boyd, SP, CPA, or DCA has ever played a team as tough as Fayette.

Boyd please beat DCA. I am so sick and tired of the pomp and snobbery of Reg 5. You are not that good. DCA's almighty defense that was supposed to make a mockery of Fayette Academy was quite blemished last night in a battle that they are so tickled to have come away the winner with their last drive that was on life support with the help of the guys in black. I have seen the game film and it was sickening to see an errant pass hit the ground 12 yards in front of a receiver and Bodiford called for pass interference while he was running 2 yds ahead of the sprinting receiver who had no possibility of catching the ball. This was 4th down. I am baffled, except to think that all involved think that Region 5 should own this event.

I know that DCA knows who the better team was last night!

Before you harass the refs about calls in favor of DCA, what about the "assisting the runner" called AGAINST DCA on 3rd and short on that final drive that made it 3rd and 6 instead. I don't hear you complaining about that call, even though I've NEVER seen it called in my lifetime and I doubt many other people have either. Luckily, we all know that DCA was the better team last night. And we won.

First of all, the reason Winstin (#20) fell was because the DCA receiver ran over him. Winstin has ran for over 1500 yards this season so I don't think he has any problems staying on his feet. It's much harder to run when someone is stepping on your legs. I don't think the DCA receiver meant to hit him; Winstin just got in better position and they got tangled up. Next, I have referee'd basketball games before so I understand how hard of a job it is. I thought that the referees did an exceptional job calling the game...............up until the last five minutes. It seemed they only got involved when the game was on the line, which is what referees are not supposed to do. When you have two great teams in a game as important as this one was; you want the players to decide it, not the refs. I was happy to see that the DCA fans do realize that the pass interference and face-mask penalties were BS calls that kept their season alive. Last, I will say that it was very obvious that Wooden was not a 100%. He was a good runningback at probably about 60%, he would have probably been scary if completely healthy. The way he hits the hole is amazing, even when injured. It would have been nice to see the showdown between him and Bodiford. However, DCA fans complain that it would have been ugly if they would have had Wooden healthy, but they couldn't have done much more than they did on offense. Meacham did a wonderful job carrying the load. They just had no answer for Collin Bodiford which is why the game was as close as it was.

And while I'm on the subject....YOU ARE WRONG. The facemask call was not wrong because I was standing right in front of it when it happened and I was facing the away bleachers. Let's analyze this a moment. Wooden goes down with his head facing the home bleachers, the side that I was standing, and he was also tackled on the side of the field closest to the DCA sidelines. How could you, ON THE AWAY BLEACHERS--- ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD see a facemask call anyway when the BACK of Wooden's helemt was all that was visible from your angle. HE WAS FACING OUR BLEACHERS.......Hmmmmm....Maybe you watched the coaches tape and saw it.......WAIT...the coaches tape is filmed on the same side of the away bleachers. Wooden was tackled 50 yards from you with his facemask facing the COMPLETE OPPOSITE direction from the angle of the away bleachers. All you could see was the back of his helmet. Don't tell me there wasn't a face mask penalty. EVERYONE in the DCA stands, and the DCA players on the sidelines, don't stand up and start screaming "FACEMASK!!!!" at one time cause they want to. They do it cause they saw it. And I can HONESTLY say, it happened right in front of me.

Guest warriorpride12

Boyd has been to the state championship two years in a roll. So Boyd will be ready for this game, but on the other hand DCA will be ready for this game too because all that they have been hearing is how good Boyd is and how good Matt is. So they have something to prove and Boyd is looking for that ring that they should have won last year. So with all that in mind I say that Boyd wins this one by 7, and Matt has 150 yds. with 3 TD.

Hey Listen up to all you out there haten on my Boyd team None of all want any of them they will beat you up and down the field all day and all night!!!!!! I played there last year and we did the same and they will do the same this year, but they will bring home the gold ball this time. Nobody in the state can stop the defense this year or last year. We are know for sending teams home hurting and crying aint that right South Pitt so dont act like you dont know who i am talking about.

Head Hunter ;)

I did not say that Boyd was not a good football team. Obviously they are the two best teams in 1A. I do not think it will be a blowout but it will be a very interesting game to watch. Yes DCA has two very good players out right now, but both of them have a very strong will to play and I would not be surprised to see them play Friday. I am just trying to say that most of the teams out east do not play any real powerhouses. For instance everyone said Cloudland was unbeatable and they were put out the first round. Im not saying just because Boyd is from the east they are going to lose. I am saying that I dont think Boyd has played the teams DCA has and it could hurt them in the big game.

Well I guess there is a possibility there was a face-mask, but the pass interference call was ridiculous. It doesn't matter now because DCA won and Fayette lost. I want to wish the Wildcats luck in the championship game. They will have to bring their A game to win without Wooden or Meacham this week.

If Wooden actually got a few carries in this game, then he might get some in the title game. I would love to see a matchup of Wooden vs. Peardon in the title game. But Divepix does bring up a good point. Wooden and Meacham were DCA's best TACKLERS, so I don't see how DCA wins with them on the sideline. Boyd by 10-14. :ph34r:

Wooden will get carries again, I hope so because he is a pleasure to watch run. However, unless he makes a miracle recovery from last week he won't carry over 10-15 times. You might as well give up on your Wooden/Pearden matchup because everyone wanted to see Wooden vs. Bodiford last week and Wooden was forced to sit on the sideline while Bodiford ran for 280 yards and 3 touchdowns and receiving for another touchdown. However, Wooden and the Wildcats won the game and thats all DCA wants to do. If it benefits the team to have a hobbling Chris Wooden in the game then he will play. They are not going to get into a Wooden vs. Peardon matchup if it will hurt the team.