13AA/7AA Challenge Series

CoachD33

Yeah I guess that I am wrong. Teams from 7aa really go out and dominate those tournaments. Thats why teams from 7aa goes out and wins them all. They win some of the post season tournys that they are in when they play out of state but not many. They aren't going out and dominating these tournaments like they dominate the state tourny thats for sure :P. I'm looking forward to this challenge series getting done. Maybe get some teams from 5aa in the mix too. But I do want to get to meet some of you guys from Gibson Co. I think it will be fun :lol:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not from Gibson Co. but am very familiar with the area, know the principal, coaches and have family that work in the school system.. It's always a great atmosphere there at GC during tournament time.. Mr.Booth and company do an outstanding job of putting on post-season tournaments which brings me to our original point of where to play this possible 13AA/7AA challenge.. If people want a neutral site, then let's look at the possibility of a UT-Martin in the west part of the state and Tenn Tech in the middle to east part of the state :huh: But if that can't work itself out, then the avenue of having it a local high schools would be great and Gibson Co. and/or Martin Westview would make gracious hosts..

As for what NWhoopaholic said about when?? Best case scenario would be to have it around late November/early December because most teams have more schedule flexibility at that time.. :D When January rolls around, usually the heart of everyone's district schedule kicks in. I like what I've read concerning this thread from everyone and am glad that others are exciting about the possibilities.. Kudos to others for submitting ideas as well. B)

Other possible west TN locations for neutral site include Union, Lambuth, Freed or the Oman Arena - although they'd probably want an arm, a leg and possibly a good deal of hair that some of us don't have anymore.

The cost efficient way to do it is to use the larger high school gyms of teams involved. Although, if you were able to get a university involved it would be a nice setting.

Whichever place is chosen it must have ample room for the fans, decent to good parking and plenty of media room because I know the teams in west TN have a ton of media - weight and number - covering them.

Other possible west TN locations for neutral site include Union, Lambuth, Freed or the Oman Arena - although they'd probably want an arm, a leg and possibly a good deal of hair that some of us don't have anymore.

The cost efficient way to do it is to use the larger high school gyms of teams involved.  Although, if you were able to get a university involved it would be a nice setting.

Whichever place is chosen it must have ample room for the fans, decent to good parking and plenty of media room because I know the teams in west TN have a ton of media - weight and number - covering them.

Robin, Oman could work but the small college gyms aren't big enough for an affair like this. I personally have nightmares of Oman and Trevevant's Odie Williams sinking a halfcourt shot at the halftime buzzer that was the ultimate difference In Obion's Sectional game in '99. But that's personal and off the subject. Think the venue depends on the format. Four schools can be easily accommadated at the large high schools like GC, maybe even six. If everyone came to the same site you'd have to get UTM & TTU involved.

Edited by NWhoopaholic

Well I have confirmation that all 13AA teams have committed to this endeavor....all that is left is securing the committments from 7AA and the venue. NWHoopaholic, I will need your help shortly.

If you are a 7AA coach, please contact me and I will discuss specific ideas (payment of expenses, scheduling, etc.) that have been presented. Send me a PM on here........

Edited by heavyd

The cost efficient way to do it is to use the larger high school gyms of teams involved.  Although, if you were able to get a university involved it would be a nice setting.

Robin, Oman could work but the small college gyms aren't big enough for an affair like this. I personally have nightmares of Oman and Trevevant's Odie Williams sinking a halfcourt shot at the halftime buzzer that was the ultimate difference In Obion's Sectional game in '99. But that's personal and off the subject. Think the venue depends on the format. Four schools can be easily accommadated at the large high schools like GC, maybe even six. If everyone came to the same sight you'd have to get UTM & TTU involved.

Vic,

We have to learn to let go...but I see your point. Besides Oman is hard to find and not in the best of areas.

Agreed that UTM & TTU would be ideal. I remember the 2 meetings of UC/OC at the Elam Center at UTM...what a crowd. Plus, the sectionals held there had tremendous numbers of people.

Yeah that is something, fair. I do love my tennis, hence the name. I do love to watch basketball, hence me constantly posting on basketball threads, and I do love golf because of the sheer frusteration that I get when I'm playing it. I get pretty mad, but I'm sure I'm like everyone else that plays golf. Well sounds like this whole challenge series is coming to a head. Still lots of work to be done on it though other than just getting coaches to agree on it, but who knows, maybe this thing will kick off soon and I can get a chance to meet my good buddies down at Gibson! :D

i checked my source to verify what has occured here and IT'S TRUE

ALL coaches of both Districts are in if my source is reliable, and she said it would be on the saturday of hall of fame week, 11/20

and she said it was girls' only if that wasn't already obvious :D

Edited by coach1888