Powell High School Football

gator

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTV is the man who can really tell you about Powell.

I know that Powell will be huge up front. Zane Bruin is 6'5 320lbs His younger brother John is 6'3 280lbs plus. Those kids are the son of former Powell,UT and Tampa Bay Buc player John Bruin. Powell has a couple of transfers in Lee Smith and Baron Huber. Those guys started at Central last season.

I don't know what is in the water at Powell but they always have those huge linemen.

I expect them to be tough this season. With those transfers they may be the team that gives Maryville the hardest time.

The Bruin boys are beasts but why the Central transfers? I have Powell 4th on my list. in Region 3-4A

1. Maryville

2. Knox West

3. Central

4. Powell

I also would not rule out Halls in the top four.

Lee Smith enrolled at Powell because his family moved back to Powell and his father left the Central coaching staff to re-join the Powell staff.

Baron Huber's family moved in to the Powell zone, also.

As for a depth chart, I don't have one as spring practice doesn't begin until May 3 so it wouldn't be accurate anyway. Even if I did I wouldn't post it on an internet message board. That's not something a coach from any school would want to see happen.

That's what I understand, Red Dog. I wasn't as close to the program at that time as I am now, so I don't know exactly what the rift was between Daryle and the staff at that time, if there was one.

I do know that Daryle has quickly become respected by the kids in the weightroom and all of the coaches i've spoken with are happy to have him back at Powell.

The Bruin boys are beasts but why the Central transfers?  I have Powell 4th on my list. in Region 3-4A

1. Maryville

2. Knox West

3. Central

4. Powell

Lee Smith enrolled at Powell because his family moved back to Powell and his father left the Central coaching staff to re-join the Powell staff.

As for a depth chart, I don't have one as spring practice doesn't begin until May 3 so it wouldn't be accurate anyway. Even if I did I wouldn't post it on an internet message board. That's not something a coach from any school would want to see happen.

Is this new Baron Huber info.? as of last week he was enrolled back at central because there was no change of address. Something is a little strange about the whole deal if you ask me. :rolleyes:

doesn't anyone seem to mind that shuffling back and forth between schools could be disrupting a young man's education? Maybe knox. co. should set up a signing day and not allow transferes during the school year. That way, these kids could go ahead and sign letters of intent and work out on there own until the end of school, then transfere over the summer. :D

The Bruin boys are beasts but why the Central transfers?  I have Powell 4th on my list. in Region 3-4A

1. Maryville

2. Knox West

3. Central

4. Powell

Is this new Baron Huber info.? as of last week he was enrolled back at central because there was no change of address. Something is a little strange about the whole deal if you ask me. :rolleyes:

doesn't anyone seem to mind that shuffling back and forth between schools could be disrupting a young man's education? Maybe knox. co. should set up a signing day and not allow transferes during the school year. That way, these kids could go ahead and sign letters of intent and work out on there own until the end of school, then transfere over the summer. :D

People do move and change jobs everyday as we all know. I don't think much of people who move their kids "Just" because of sports programs. Given most public schools have good standards coaching is a reason to move little johnny, for bad or good. If kids are moved for only the sports reason their guardians care little about academics in my opinion.

FBE.....

Good buddy, you are just a babe in the woods. What kind of person moves his kid from central to powell just because a job change? Aren't they rather close in proximity? Don't be ( or pretend to be) so naive. You Know exactly why he tried to change schools. A mass exodus was at hand.

CAN I SAY SOMETHING NO ONE WILL WANT TO HEAR?

IN THE 80S HALLS ALLEGEDLY RECRUITED TO GET A STATE TITLE

POWELL ALLEGEDLY RECRUITED TO GET TO THE CLINIC BOWL

IN THE 90S HALLS HEAD COACH MOVES TO ANDERSON CO......THEY HAVE GREAT SUCCESS?

POWELL COACHES MOVE TO CENTRAL.........CENTRAL BECOMES A FORCE TO BE DEALT WITH

COACHES AND PLAYERS MOVE BACK TO POWELL

CURRENT HALLS COACHES ARE UPSET BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING NONE OF THERE PLAYERS BACK FROM CENTRAL

WHAT A STINKY MESS

ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR DECADES ITS NOT JUST STARTED

THE T$$AA DOESNT CARE! HOW YA GET THERE........SORRY ABOUT THE ALL CAPS

THIS IS JUST ONE LITTLE CORNER OF THE STATE!.......HAVENT EVEN TALKED ABOUT PRIVATE VS PUBLIC.......OR SHELBYVILLE BASKETBALL

1. Maryville

2. Knox West

3. Central

4. Powell

doesn't anyone seem to mind that shuffling back and forth between schools could be disrupting a young man's education? Maybe knox. co. should set up a signing day and not allow transferes during the school year. That way, these kids could go ahead and sign letters of intent and work out on there own until the end of school, then transfere over the summer. :lol:

Huber officially enrolled at Powell on Friday. He was enrolled at Central until then, from what i've been told. The family has bought a home and are in the process of moving into the Powell zone and presented the paperwork to proper Knox County School officials.

Doubters need to get this thru your heads: Powell is a closed zone. That means that the only way you can enroll at Powell is to either live in the Powell zone and have proof of it, or get a legitimate transfer from Knox County Schools. There is no "hunting safety class" to use as a reason to transfer from another zone. You have to live in Powell to go to Powell schools.