Best teams that didn't win State Title

REBELRON

Yeah its what Oakland had on their helmet in the 80's

They need to go back to it if they haven't already. Wasn't a big fan of the "O". Who cares though as long as you win, but I guess it just gives us fans something to talk about. Funny how a little decal can divide a fanbase lol Blade's last year he changed our decal which had been a staple since the late 60's for the most part and people went crazy haha. I'm glad Coach G changed it back like it should be.

They need to go back to it if they haven't already. Wasn't a big fan of the "O". Who cares though as long as you win, but I guess it just gives us fans something to talk about. Funny how a little decal can divide a fanbase lol Blade's last year he changed our decal which had been a staple since the late 60's for the most part and people went crazy haha. I'm glad Coach G changed it back like it should be.

The Block O is probably going to be the main decal. At the time of the change to the Block O, Oakland had only won 18 games in 5 years, so I think most people welcomed the changes that Coach McDaniel has made

confucius say....1996 Trousdale team were 12-0 heading into semifinal game with DCA, and we had outscored opponents 649-35, including a 73-0 win against Ezell Harding in the first round and a 84-15 bashing of Knox Catholic in the second round of playoffs...DCA had Mr. Football Jeremy Lyon, along with all-staters Daniel Daughtery, Ryan McSwain, and Brian Patterson and TC had NO answer for Lyon he dominated us from start to finish, i personally felt like it was one of the best teams we ever had and didn't even make it to the dance!!

Edited by confuciuschang

I was also there at that game.Looked like the Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago bears...It was a great game

I remember listening to it on the radio. Gallatin from what I recall did a good job of keeping Scotty Whitt and crew pretty well grounded for the most part. Jimmy Gaylor. The only coach to ever take Clinton to the finals. To be honest I don't think he gets near the credit he deserves for what he has done at Maryville as the D-Coordinator there for most all of their titles.

• 2 weeks later...

In 1992 Booger happen to be in Nashville and see 13-0 powerhouse Brentwood Academy and got taken down by a Marion County 28-26 in the Finals i think....might have been 26-24....even though Marion County was in their 1st year of something like a 59-1 run.....I think everyone thought that was BA's to have because they had beat the brakes off everyone for years.....has to be one of the top HS games Booger has seen.

I can think of two distinct plays from the Bearden game that broke WB's back and spirit. If those two plays don't happen, it's a completely different ball game. That team was on the same level as Bearden, Farragut and Smyrna in 2007. One off night can send you packing though, and into the annals of the CoachT what-if's.

Didn't we have a few turnovers in the first half? The main thing I remember about that game was how cold and miserable it was. Edited by Governors91

Classy posts for the Alcoa bunch, as many of us have come to expect.  Way to denigrate a fantastic season by Upperman's 15-18 year old boys. As an open-zoned school, Alcoa isn't even playing by the same rules as Upperman does, but that apparently doesn't stop you "adults" from puffing your chests based upon the noteworthy accomplishments of the Alcoa teenagers.  I have a ton of respect for Rankin and the Alcoa program, but that respect sinks just a little bit every time I see one of the "goons" disrespect the honest efforts of another program on these boards.  U gon' beat me up now???