BEST RUNNING BACKS IN TSSAA HISTORY

briarcrest23

The best backfield I ever saw was Tullahoma in 1986 Maurice Shaw(RB,Ole Miss),Antonio London(FB,BAMA,NFL),Steve Mathews(QB-UT/Memphis State, NFL, Arena,XFL)

i played at white county from 95-98 and i was in the coaches office my sophmore year looking at old films and came across the game we played the 86 tullhoma wildcats and yes that backfield was sick. those guys were hardnosed football players, i noticed they all made you pay a price for tackling them. i watched that film like 5 times, i was in awe of the toughness and talent of that team.

825350866[/snapback]

YOU STILL NEVER BEAT LIVINGSTON WHILE I WAS THERE, YOU SHOULD HAVE WATCHED THAT TAPE FIVE MORE TIMES AND MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE LEARNED SOMETHING, thumb

I PLAYED 94-97

Edited by LA Wildcat

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK,

I think the best running back in tssaa history would be Kim Richardson or AKA The Gallopping Ghost from Unaka High School. He also holds the record for most career rushing yrds, with 3800 plus most rushing yrds in one year with 1800 and something. Most rushing yards in a single game against Cloudland with 350 where he didnt even play the second half. Way to go D.K. Richardson. thumb

• 2 months later...
Kelcey Williams

Eric Westmoreland

Ralph King

Troy Fleming

825285780[/snapback]

what's the matter with you people?

AL WILSON was the most dominant tailback in the history of tn high school football. in 95 jackson central mary(do they even have a football team any more?) beat mba 45-0 b/c al wilson could not be tackled. the mba team was very good and gave the eventual state champion ba squad a heck of a fight in the 5A semi's(althought the score makes it appear that ba ran away with it) first play of the mba jcm game al wilson takes a fullback dive 85 yards to the house. that was pretty much what happened the rest of the game.

second to wilson i TRAVIS STEPHENS out of clarksville NE. he is why clarksville NE beat the 96 mba team by three touchdowns. that mba team went on to lose to a ba team team that was perhaps the 2nd or 3rd greatest tn team ever in double overtime in what was perhaps the greatest high school football games of all time.

of course, fleming's stats are great. look at his competition! GARBAGE! i don't care what anybody says it was garbage.

in order to find the best backs ever you have to first look how they played against mba.

825291202[/snapback]

Chris Elam, Coffee Co.  95-97

825301383[/snapback]

i think you have to go with

Stephens

flemming

wilson

elam - he was recuited by every major colege there was - grades killed him the first time i ever saw him play was i think in 1996 his jr year against franklin county and all 11 franklin county players had a chance to takle him and they either got smacked down or out ran he was a beast

The best backfield I ever saw was Tullahoma in 1986 Maurice Shaw(RB,Ole Miss),Antonio London(FB,BAMA,NFL),Steve Mathews(QB-UT/Memphis State, NFL, Arena,XFL)

i played at white county from 95-98 and i was in the coaches office my sophmore year looking at old films and came across the game we played the 86 tullhoma wildcats and yes that backfield was sick. those guys were hardnosed football players, i noticed they all made you pay a price for tackling them. i watched that film like 5 times, i was in awe of the toughness and talent of that team.

825350866[/snapback]

If I remember correctly the head coach of that team was Joe Gaddis who eventually went to Oak Ridge and won a state championship at our exspense. We played them that year in the playoffs(1986) and again if I remember right they beat us pretty good. His teams are always tough, hard nosed and confident. Just give him a year or two and he will rule the state in 4A. When talking about great running backs don't forget Reggie Cobb Knox Central. Central Bobcat