Prayers Highly Needed

bhsOL

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I just got back from the hospital and I have a new update on Jacquie. Her dad said he was going to fast until she was well enough to eat, and today he ate his first meal since the accident. The doctors are slowly bringing her out of the drug induced coma. She still has tubes in her from the respirator, but they are only there now for backup because she is now breathing on her own. The doctors started feeding her through a tube today also. Her collapsed lung has reinflated. The swelling on her brain is now down to a 9, which is normal so the doctors were able to perform surgery on her broken leg. The surgery was a huge success; her bones went back together just like pieces of a puzzle.

Right before all this, a bunch of Riverdale students and teachers met in the gym with a pastor to pray for Jacquie. The pastor said that they had to keep knocking on God's door so everyone in the gym started knocking on the bleachers really loud. During all this, someone there got a call from someone at the hospital saying that while Jacquie's parents were in the trauma unit with her, she squeezed their hands tightly for the first time. I was told that the gym was in an uproar because of the good news.

The doctors said that Jacquie is still not out of the woods yet. She has some brain damage from her brain being pressed against the skull. She is supposed to have an MRI done in the morning to find out how bad it is. As soon as I hear something else I'll update everyone again.

Jacquie's mom wanted me to tell everyone on coacht thank you for all the prayer and to keep on praying.

but it's fabulous to have a community like this to be a part of.

You are exactly right...people on CoachT argue about sports, and criticize each other a lot. but when something like this happens, EVERYONE comes together b/c we realize that sports are just temporary. It's great to see how the CoachT family responds to something like this. GOD BLESS that girl and her family