DB @ OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

Well its time for the token Lawyer post in a DB thread once again. (I gots to give Fart something to talk about)

Having seen both these teams in action last year against my Patriots and both of them handing an L to the JCT boys I think this is going to be a great game.

Sounds like neither team has lost a lot from their strong teams last year. If anything I think DB has gotten stronger. Ferguson is putting up some big time numbers and with Williams back in the mix they will be tuff to contain. Oak Ridge had a good running attack last year and with a strong line they should be able to move the ball.

SOOO. I think it will come down to who can keep from making mistakes, these are two good teams so it will be a hard fought game for sure.

Eat some Big Ed's for me, my recomendation is call in an order on the way to the game and take it in the stadium, thats what my crew and I did last year and it worked out great. thumb

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL TIME SERIES RECORD

OAK RIDGE 16 WINS / DOBYNS BENNETT 14 WINS

SINCE 1993 (THE GRAHAM CLARK COACHING ERA)

DB HAS 8 WINS VS OAK RIDGE 5 WINS

DB IS 3-3 @ OAK RIDGE UNDER GRAHAM CLARK. THE LAST TRIP TO OAK RIDGE WAS A 2000 PLAYOFF GAME, DOBYNS-BENNETT WON THAT GAME 32-6

NOTE: GRAHAM CLARK COACHING RECORD IS 115 WIN - 25 LOSSES (.821%)

As for your 50 yard line rendezvous, Haterade... I am not big into internet hookups, and from the looks of your MugShot... your not my type... Not that there is anything wrong with that.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

GIDDY UP!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

DCCATVOICE,

Thank you for the info...the D-B Quarterback Club sponsors the tailgate dinner for our first game of the season and we all appreciate the hard work that goes into putting a tailgate dinner on...Big Ed's will get a few Indian fans, but, so will the tailgate...do you know what is being served?

What is your injury situation? What has been the defensive scheme for your first two games? How much passing does Clinton and Bradley do? (do they pass because they want to, or because they were so far behind they felt they had to?)Do you look for the Wildcats to make any major scheme changes to either side of the ball? How many passes do you expect the Wildcats to want to throw this week against D-B? How many have you all thrown in the first half of your first two games? How much concern is there with the amount of water that may befall the field at the "Ship"?

Again, thanks for the info.

Roll Tribe Roll

825330969[/snapback]

More info on the tailgate:

The menu is BBQ, Chik-Fil-A (the real thing), or Hamburger with chips, drink & desert all for the small price of $5.00. Thanks again for spreading the word up there. We appreciate the QB club's invitation last year. The tailgate area is on the upper parking lot off of Kentucky Avenue.

Go Wildcats!!

I hope everybody continues to believe Oak Ridge is nothing but a running team. So far the starting qb has 300 yards and has only played a series or two after halftime. Yes Oak Ridge is an unbelievable running team but I feel the big difference this year for the Ridgers opposed to last year is that they can pass and aren't afraid to. And I believe if need be the passing game would be able to beat teams that stack too many guys in the box. With receivers like Coffey, Thomas, and Rai...Tightends like Mitchell, Baldwin, Mulholland, then a plethora of backs to throw too there is no reason anybody should mistaken the Cats for a Run, Run, Run, and then Run some more team.

Good to hear, but we'll be ready rain or shine..... Friday can't come fast enough, and these days are going by so slow, why won't it just get here? But you better believe that we're ready, and I hear the students are gonna be comming out of the woodwork, with painted chests, faces, and all. I even heard that hiphestus II will be there........ BigReno holdin' it down, WALTDEEEZY and henzmo best be there also....... The only thing better would be if we could get the lil bi....oops..i mean stumpy there for a reunion with ORA

I hope everybody continues to believe Oak Ridge is nothing but a running team.  So far the starting qb has 300 yards and has only played a series or two after halftime.  Yes Oak Ridge is an unbelievable running team but I feel the big difference this year for the Ridgers opposed to last year is that they can pass and aren't afraid to.  And I believe if need be the passing game would be able to beat teams that stack too many guys in the box.  With receivers like Coffey, Thomas, and Rai...Tightends like Mitchell, Baldwin, Mulholland, then a plethora of backs to throw too there is no reason anybody should mistaken the Cats for a Run, Run, Run, and then Run some more team.

825332999[/snapback]

Don't worry DB won't overlook the passing game, trust me..........

I guess its finally time for me to pick a winner for this game.When I look at the matchup,I see two teams that are very good on both offense and defense.Its very hard to say which offense is better,because they are so different.DB loves to come out with the spread offense and throw the ball.Most teams don`t face a mostly passing team very often,so DB has an instant advantage over most teams.This is not to say that DB can`t run the ball as well,DB always has someone who can run the ball if the passing game is not working for some reason(not to mention Duran when he takes off) OR has a more balanced offense,but like most teams things begin and end with the run.OR has never had a lack of RB's,and this year is no different.Scott McMahon is a very smart QB who if he has the time,will make big plays.On the other side is Duran Ferguson,who IMO is one of the top 2 QB in the state.If he is given time,he will pick the OR defense apart(happened last year) The scary thing is,if he doesn`t have the time or no one is open,he can take off and run,which can be just as bad as if he threw the ball.Both teams have big time athletes that can change a game in just one play.For me it came down to which defense I though would be able to slow down the other teams offense the most.I think DB's defense will be able to slow the OR offense down just enough to allow them to come away with a win.IMO the key to OR winning will be the amount of pressure they can get on Duran,without letting him out of the pocket,and how they will handle the LB's of DB.IMO the key for DB is being able drive down the field on OR,I don`t think they will have the all the big plays they are use to getting.They will have to be able to sustain some long drives they end in points.

Final Score

DB 31

OR 24

I hope everybody continues to believe Oak Ridge is nothing but a running team.  So far the starting qb has 300 yards and has only played a series or two after halftime.  Yes Oak Ridge is an unbelievable running team but I feel the big difference this year for the Ridgers opposed to last year is that they can pass and aren't afraid to.  And I believe if need be the passing game would be able to beat teams that stack too many guys in the box.  With receivers like Coffey, Thomas, and Rai...Tightends like Mitchell, Baldwin, Mulholland, then a plethora of backs to throw too there is no reason anybody should mistaken the Cats for a Run, Run, Run, and then Run some more team.

825332999[/snapback]

I have no doubt that OR has a good passing attack, but trust me, when you practice everyday against Duran & Associates, you're ready for a passing game! thumb

Roll Tribe!!!