Dobyns-Bennett vs. Ooltewah

DRDB

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol!!!  I believe the Owls are just a little better than your Sullivan County weak sisters.  That being said, I say DB 28, Ooltewah 7.  Ooltewah will not be able to handle the defensive pressure that DB will bring.

825417336[/snapback]

Your opinion is well respected here, my boy. Check this out, before you discount the DB Indians non-conference schedule. Sullivan North (47-0) ended up with a 7-3 record and the Region 1 3A #1 Seed. Sullivan South (42-14 and that was being real nice) ended up with a 6-4 record, the #4 Seed in Region 1 4A. Oak Ridge finished 9-1 and is the CatDaddy of Region 2 5A. Overall Record of Non-conference Opponents.... 22-8, all of them are Playoff Teams.

Ooltewah's non-confernece oppenents finished a combined 13-17. All 3 Teams were from Region 4 4A...#1 (6-4) Red-Bank, #3 East Ridge (5-5) and #7 celler dweller Chattanooga Central (2-8), and the score in that game was not eye-popping at all 41-28.

Suillivan County has good Football. Anybody want to play 4A Tennessee High...besides DB?

Boola Boola

Famous Amos

Edited by Major Hoople

GAME DAY!! And I got the Jimmy Leg again!!

Fire up DB Indians. Fans, remember, there will be some former DB Greats awarding the last 3 games Player of the Game Awards tonight.

Note: D-B has been to the state semifinals in each of the last three even years (1998, 2000, 2002). To get there again in 2004 and hopefully on past, this is the 1st step.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

You come to the Super Wal-Mart first, then maybe 1-1/2 miles to the Fort Henry Mall (on your right), just past McDonalds. You can smell the stadium from there. Just go another mile and you are going to try to pull into the parking lot on the right.. Note. Get to the stadium by 6:00-6:15 if you want to park in the school parking lot. Otherwise, you will just have to find a place, but that is not difficult, there are several lots at the school site. Parking friendly. Come early, enjoy the atmosphere of the winningest football team in Tennessee History. It is good.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825417486[/snapback]

Vandy, have you all won more state championships than OaK Ridge? It is suppost to be a little cool tonight how will that hurt your passing game since you don't run the ball real well. Central Bobcat

D-B has run for 1394 yards...passed for 2248 yards...total offense 3642...I'd say that is pretty good...

Ooltewah is an outstanding team...second best in their conference and one of the top in the state...this should be a very good game - that is the extent of my prediction...Owls big strong line, quick ruuning back, solid fullback, better than average passing game...strong defensive front, outstanding linebackers, good quick defensive backs...create a lot of sacks, block punts and other kicks...this is a very good team...the Indians know that

Roll Tribe Roll

Vandy, have you all won more state championships than OaK Ridge?  It is suppost to be a little cool tonight how will that hurt your passing game since you don't run the ball real well. Central Bobcat

825417990[/snapback]

Bobcat, DB has not been in many situations that they had to prove they can run. But, a few times they have shown that they CAN run. One game, Karns, they came out and ran a ton against their big DLine. People, DB can run the ball, they have the athletes to do it, but it just has not been necessary to this point. Big Dee Peeler 6 ft 1 230lb can run over anyone and Stephen Moten 5ft 10 175lb is quick as a cat, can cut quick, and is strong as well. Duran can always go ahead for at least 4 or 5 yards (he is a big guy) and Tyler Nottingham is just blazin straight ahead fast. These guys are as good or better than anyone DB has had runnig the ball. You just don't see 1 person running over and over. They spread out the run when they do run.