White House vs. Hillwood

turf_master_s2s

Turf master, you say the Tennessean doesn't give you any respect.  They have you ranked 2nd in the midstate and the toppers are only 5th after dominating the 1st two weeks of playoffs.  I think being ranked 2nd is a pretty good compliment and shows they have a lot of respect for your program.  Can't wait until Friday Night!!!

825432881[/snapback]

Very good point

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarcasm will not get you a win.  Your fans are saying how we will get blown out by 3-4 TD's. 

They have 3 common opponenets. Maplewood, NW, and Columbia.  I would like to see what their fans say about the game.  Right now we have two sets of fans talking blowout.  Someone will have their tail tucked between their legs come 10:00 Friday night.

825432831[/snapback]

Neither will the blown up chests of the Hillwood supporters. I don't blame Hillwood for being excited. I mean, when is the last time Hillwood has been in this situation? When is the last time Hillwood made it this far in the playoffs? Just how many more opportunities will Hillwood get in the playoffs?

Hey, there is NO DOUBT that Hillwood has the better athletes in comparing the teams. On paper, Hillwood should blow us out. We shouldn't be able to compete. Hillwood should expect a pushover game.

But don't count on it. :D

Neither will the blown up chests of the Hillwood supporters. I don't blame Hillwood for being excited. I mean, when is the last time Hillwood has been in this situation? When is the last time Hillwood made it this far in the playoffs? Just how many more opportunities will Hillwood get in the playoffs?

Hey, there is NO DOUBT that Hillwood has the better athletes in comparing the teams. On paper, Hillwood should blow us out. We shouldn't be able to compete. Hillwood should expect a pushover game.

But don't count on it. :D

825432950[/snapback]

Hillwood has never been to the 3rd round and has never been 12-0. The next time Hillwood will have this opportunity will be 2005. We are not expecting a pushover. White House is 12-0 and deserves all of the respect that the #2 Team in Middle Tennessee sould get. White House fans are making it sound like they are going to win by 21+. This will not happen. Most likely Hillwood will not win by that margin either. It should be a great game both teams should be proud to be this far.

The Hillwood players and coaches know that White House is an excellent team. They are 12-0 for a reason. So is Hillwood. IF Hillwood shows up the way it has the last two weeks, they can win this game. However, if they play like they did against Spring Hill, the season is over. The same for White House. They MUST play better than they did against Overton to win. However, they have obviously proven that they can do that. Victory favors the team that makes the fewest mistakes, both mentally and physically. May the best team win. thumb

All I hear abt. is the Hillwood Defense, and the HW Offense.....Well, lets talk abt their kicking game, b/c any great coach will tell u that special teams win the game.....Um...I do believe that their punter is averagin a whopping 17.8 yds per punt....thats great....if ur in the pee wees. What is WH averagin? 37.1? yea. The special teams will be the deciding factor in this game, just like every other game....

Then, Hillwood has missed 14 PAT's, while WH has only missed 3 (one blocked). One points are huge and can decide games. THe numbers dont lie, its obvious who has got the kickin game under control.

All I hear abt. is the Hillwood Defense, and the HW Offense.....Well, lets talk abt their kicking game, b/c any great coach will tell u that special teams win the game.....Um...I do believe that their punter is averagin a whopping 17.8 yds per punt....thats great....if ur in the pee wees. What is WH averagin? 37.1? yea. The special teams will be the deciding factor in this game, just like every other game....

Then, Hillwood has missed 14 PAT's, while WH has only missed 3 (one blocked).  One points are huge and can decide games.  THe numbers dont lie, its obvious who has got the kickin game under control.

825433100[/snapback]

Hillwood has had problems with punting and more so with extra points. They have a new kicker that was 5-5 last week. On punt return though, Hillwood is excellent. I am not sure how many they have returned for TD's. Excellent point though about Special Teams winning games.

Sarcasm will not get you a win.  Your fans are saying how we will get blown out by 3-4 TD's. 

They have 3 common opponenets. Maplewood, NW, and Columbia.  I would like to see what their fans say about the game.  Right now we have two sets of fans talking blowout.  Someone will have their tail tucked between their legs come 10:00 Friday night.

825432831[/snapback]

Hillwood 96, you are in a dream world. We had one fan post a score that showed WH winning by more than 14. ONE. Our fans predict victory, but it is YOUR FANS that are over the top. Your side predicts blowout.

Here are the Hillwood posts:

1) Hillwoodtopper55-- no stoppin' hillwood 34-14

2) Hsfootballfan10-- no way hillwood scores less than 20 HW- 42 WH 14

3) Ncs08-- Game will get ugly-- 42-17 Hillwood

4) LJumperhilltoppers-- Makes fun of the "HOUSE"

Wake up, son. Your team is in untested waters. I don't care what common opponents we have. I understand why your fans post as they do, 'cause you guys haven't been there or done that. We have.

Please, with all this talk your side is doing, please bring more than a handfull of fans. You Nashville teams are pitiful in team support. All this trash talk with nobody to watch. Your team should appreciate playing at the "HOUSE". Will FINALLY get to play in front of an audience.

Hillwood 96, you are in a dream world. We had one fan post a score that showed WH winning by more than 14. ONE. Our fans predict victory, but it is YOUR FANS that are over the top. Your side predicts blowout.

Wake up, son. Your team is in untested waters. I don't care what common opponents we have. I understand why your fans post as they do, 'cause you guys haven't been there or done that. We have.

Please, with all this talk your side is doing, please bring more than a handfull of fans. You Nashville teams are pitiful in team support. All this trash talk with nobody to watch. Your team should appreciate playing at the "HOUSE". Will FINALLY get to play in front of an audience.

825433116[/snapback]

Here are your White House Posts

1. WH 21-7 (Pooley)

2. WH by 11 (Greenwheel)

3. WH 35-21 (Turf)

4. Wh 42-28 (Big johnson)

5. White House D will shut down Hillwood's Offense (Timbdq)

6. WH 28-14 (Catfish)

7. WH 28-17 (WHHS1975)

I am not sure how many people were at the Hillwood/Stratford game friday but the stadium was almost full(both sides) and there was a long line to get in, that did not die down till the 2nd quarter.

You guys have lost in the 3rd round or earlier in the last 5 years.

825433116[/snapback]

I was about ready to give the Hillwood faithful some major props for the way that you guys seemed to destroy Stratford, but after reading the way that you've all been popping off at the mouth all weekend long I say the heck with that.  From a Sycamore fan, I say LET"S GO BLUE DEVILS!!!

White House-28

Hillwood-14

825432536[/snapback]

catfish-hunter Posted on: Nov 10 2004 - 10:42 PM

Playoff tickets for next Friday's quarterfinal showdown between Stratford and White House go on sale this Saturday in case any of you Hillwood fans are interested.

catfish-hunter Posted on: Nov 3 2004 - 12:21 PM

There aren't too amny occasions where a 10-0 team bites the dust in round one of the playoffs, but I promise that it will happen in Hillwood this Friday night.

catfish-hunter Posted on: Nov 1 2004 - 03:06 PM

Allow me to be the first to say GOODBYE to the Hillwood Hilltoppers. It was fun while it lasted but there are no Hickman Co.'s, White Co.'s, and Spring Hill's in region 6-4A. Northwest throttles Hillwood, again...

Northwest-28

Hillwood-21

OH Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The master predicter has doomed White House! Guys, we'll still be rootin' for ya, but I think you just got the "Curse of the Catfish"! :D

I expect this will actually be a high scoring affair.......31 - 28 sounds about right......but won't pick a winner. Teams look evenly matched.

As in any game between two evenly-matched teams.....turnovers and special teams will probably decide it.

Glad to see this game being played. Sure to resolve the fussing over the last couple of months concerning the two teams. I know WH is a very good team that rarely makes any mistakes. Have no clue about the Hilltoppers team. I still think that WH will be playing in December if they stay healthy. Good luck to the blue devils!

Here are your White House Posts

1. WH 21-7 (Pooley)

2. WH by 11 (Greenwheel)

3. WH 35-21 (Turf)

4. Wh 42-28 (Big johnson)

5. White House D will shut down Hillwood's Offense (Timbdq)

6. WH 28-14 (Catfish)

7. WH 28-17 (WHHS1975)

I am not sure how many people were at the Hillwood/Stratford game friday but the stadium was almost full(both sides) and there was a long line to get in, that did not die down till the 2nd quarter. 

You guys have lost in the 3rd round or earlier in the last 5 years.

825433140[/snapback]

#1--- my post is correct. All predictions 14 or less.... Plus, no baiting in the posts, just predictions.

How has Hillwood fared the last five years in the playoffs?

We bring a crowd every game, not just playoff time. Please, bring a crowd.