White House vs. Hillwood

turf_master_s2s

Hillwood 96, you are in a dream world. We had one fan post a score that showed WH winning by more than 14. ONE. Our fans predict victory, but it is YOUR FANS that are over the top. Your side predicts blowout.

Here are the Hillwood posts:

1) Hillwoodtopper55-- no stoppin' hillwood 34-14

2) Hsfootballfan10-- no way hillwood scores less than 20 HW- 42 WH 14

3) Ncs08-- Game will get ugly-- 42-17 Hillwood

4) LJumperhilltoppers-- Makes fun of the "HOUSE"

Wake up, son. Your team is in untested waters. I don't care what common opponents we have. I understand why your fans post as they do, 'cause you guys haven't been there or done that. We have.

Please, with all this talk your side is doing, please bring more than a handfull of fans. You Nashville teams are pitiful in team support. All this trash talk with nobody to watch. Your team should appreciate playing at the "HOUSE". Will FINALLY get to play in front of an audience.

825433116[/snapback]

I was at Hillwood friday nite. They had a large enthusiastic crowd. I don,t know if they travel,but it would be a good ballgame. As someone who has had the opportunity to see both teams play. Each has their strengths: White House has excellent line play and they do have the distinct advantage in the kicking game, as well as having been there before, but Hillwood has and excellent back in Lewis who runs as well or if not better than Ladd. That sai both throw the ball equally well but defensively Hillwood is faster than the good White House defense, which after playing both, White House is suspect at the corners. This will be a nail biter with White House winning by 7 points due to Home field advantage.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1--- my post is correct. All predictions 14 or less.... Plus, no baiting in the posts, just predictions.

How has Hillwood fared the last five years in the playoffs?

We bring a crowd every game, not just playoff time. Please, bring a crowd.

825433187[/snapback]

I was not the one speaking on unchartered waters. This is the best you have ever done in 4A. As far as our fans go, we have had good crowds all season. I will be at the game and have a large group coming with me. As for the rest of our fans I hope they make the trip. I would venture to say that Hillwood fans do not know that much about White House and White House fans do not know much about Hillwood. Your team is more disciplined and makes less mistakes. Our team has the most speed you will see all year. It should be a good game.

What's going on White House and Hillwwod fans. Memphis guy here with a few comments to make. Both of you guys have very good teams ... 12-0. You don't get to be 12-0 in the 3rd round of the playoffs with average teams. That just doesn't happen in 4A in Tennessee. On paper, this is the toughest 3rd round game in 4A in Tennessee. Hillwood had the toughest 2nd round last week. Everybody that knows anything about Tennessee H.S. football knows this ... 3rd round games of this magnitude are going to be slobberknockers! White House and Hillwood both have good defenses and you both have good offenses. Since we all know defense wins championships, we all know it's going to be a battle. This is what I expect and you guys tell me if I'm wrong after the game friday night. I think it comes down to who has the ball last. That doesn't mean the team with the ball last will win ... but the team who has the ball last will have the OPPORTUNITY to win. I don't expect a high scoring affair also ... something like 21-20 or 14-13. It's going to be close. It's going to be HARD HITTING, and it's going to be a battle!! I wouldn't expect either team to score over 21 tops. Hillwwod fans and White House fans who think the other teams deffense isn't going to slow your team down CONSIDERABLY hasn't come to the realization that their opponent is just that good! Grow some nails Hillwood and White House fans ... so you have something to bite off at the appropriate time!

On paper, this is the toughest 3rd round game in 4A in Tennessee.

Agreed. This game will be a tough one. But the Blue Devil field ain't made of paper or cardboard, and I don't see anyway the Boys in Blue will let Hillwood come and take this game over. For those of you that come from Hillwood for the first time the first thing you'll notice on our pressbox is "1997 AAA State Champs". Next year we step back down to 3A because of student population (due to a split in White House schools). Before we go back down, we ARE out to get a 4AAA state championship. This Blue Devil team will not be denied.

This game is gonna come down to who wants it more. Both teams are 12-0 and have won the majority of their games this year convincingly against opposing teams. Levering has got to have a better week and Ladd has got to run well for a White House win. Hillwood is in the quarterfinals for the first time ever...thats gonna be enough motivation for them to show up. White House's defense has got to step up big time especially in the secondary. If White House can shut down Hillwood's pass offense then I'm gonna give WH the edge. If they cant do that and they cant get their own offense going then they could be in some trouble. There are so many scenarios you could take for this game. So many that I cant explain every one of them. I'm a WH graduate and I definetly want them to pull this one out but to be honest I have no clue who will come out on top in this one. Kinda like those WH-Portland games in the late 90's. Who knows who's gonna win this one. As for WH, guys dont let them stop you now. I know how much work and effort you put forth for this team year in and year out. This is what all those 2-a-days in the summer are for when its 95 outside. If you want it then take it. Nobody but yourselves can stop you. Just ask the '97 team. Everybody said they couldnt do it either and look what happened. I hope you guys get to take that trip to Memphis next week. Good luck.

Edited by UThater501

How do I get the White House from Nashville?  How early do I need to be there?

825435034[/snapback]

Straight up I-65 N to Exit 108. Bear right off the ramp and go through three lights and look for the lights on the left. It's about 8/10 of a mile from the exit ramp. The field will be after you pass Kroger on your left. The game is NOT played at the high school but at the White House Municipal Park. Lots of parking..but be prepared to have a wait leaving after the game. Lots of locals park out near the Hwy 76 like in Ace Hardware and such to be able to walk out and not have to wait in line leaving.

The visitor section is SMALL. Take into account the I-65 Northbound Crawl and get there EARLY (5:45-6:15) or you will be standing.

(Plenty of fast food places in White House.)

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Here is one interesting sidenote to this game. We actually have a 3A team playing a 5A team in this game.

White House is in the bottom half of 3A schools (enrollment wise) while Hillwood is in the bottom half of 5A schools (enrollment wise). So, even though they are both still 4A, the reality is we have a 3A school playing a 5A school in the 4A playoffs.

So, Hillwood.....you SHOULD win. You are two classifications higher based on current populations!

Edited by FatCat

Here is one interesting sidenote to this game.  We actually have a 3A team playing a 5A team in this game. 

White House is in the bottom half of 3A schools (enrollment wise) while Hillsboro is in the bottom half of 5A schools (enrollment wise).  So, even though they are both still 4A, the reality is we have a 3A school playing a 5A school in the 4A playoffs.

So, Hillwood.....you SHOULD win.  You are two classifications higher based on current populations!

825435961[/snapback]

FatCat, If everyone always went by statistics then no one in baseball would beat the Yankees, if you went by statistics then the '01 Patriots wouldnt have beat the '01 Rams in the Super Bowl. If you went by statistics, White House would beat Greenbrier every year. Wait a minute White House does beat Greenbrier every year, my bad. My point is....statistics are overrated and mean nothing once you step on the field. That is unless....your a Bobcat.

FatCat, If everyone always went by statistics then no one in baseball would beat the Yankees, if you went by statistics then the '01 Patriots wouldnt have beat the '01 Rams in the Super Bowl. If you went by statistics, White House would beat Greenbrier every year. Wait a minute White House does beat Greenbrier every year, my bad. My point is....statistics are overrated and mean nothing once you step on the field. That is unless....your a Bobcat.

825436225[/snapback]

UThater,

You have me wrong. I am rooting for WH in this one and think they will win. I was actually trying to point out how good your team is compared to Hillwood since you guys actually have a much smaller enrollment. And, when you do beat them....they should feel that much worse because of the 3A/5A thing.

Edited by FatCat