2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

Congrats to the MJ Bears on defending their championship at the Dickson County weight lifting competition against 6 other schools . Bears won 7 of 8 weight classes and placed second or third as well in 4 of the eight classes.

Bears had the top power clean and top bench press ( 3 of Bears tied ) in the competition and two Bears tied for the top point getters in the competition.

Thanks to Dickson for a great event !

Bring on Spring practice !

GO BEARS !

Congrats to the MJ Bears on defending their championship at the Dickson County weight lifting competition against 6 other schools . Bears won 7 of 8 weight classes and placed second or third as well in 4 of the eight classes.

Bears had the top power clean and top bench press ( 3 of Bears tied ) in the competition and two Bears tied for the top point getters in the competition.

Thanks to Dickson for a great event !

Bring on Spring practice !

GO BEARS !

Do you know the actual weight? That's a good competition to win.

Do you know the actual weight? That's a good competition to win.

GWave; power clean was 295. All competitors were out in the 240 lb class at 265 except MJ lifter ( weighs 200 )  and judge would only let him go up 5 lbs per lift after he got 275. He burned himself out doing 280, 285, 290, 295.Just missed on 300 lbs. I think he would have been at 305 -310.

Bench was 315. MJ had 3 that got this weight. Two line backers and a running back. MJ had several that were at 300.

That last post should generate some comments.

I am glad MJ has Lebanon, Gallatin, The Bisons and Beech at home this year. Barring injury or transfer (in or out) the list is probably fairly accurate for a pre-season poll. We will know more in next few weeks after the Spring Scrimmages. With what they have coming back Hendersonville is the team to beat but I think 2-5 are totally up for grabs and it is High School Football so anything can happen. I think Lebanon will surprise someone (hope it is not us) and someone else will lose a game or two they should win.

MJ will be much better this year especially on defense but will need to keep our QB healthy this year.

That last post should generate some comments.

I am glad MJ has Lebanon, Gallatin, The Bisons and Beech at home this year. Barring injury or transfer (in or out) the list is probably fairly accurate for a pre-season poll. We will know more in next few weeks after the Spring Scrimmages. With what they have coming back Hendersonville is the team to beat but I think 2-5 are totally up for grabs and it is High School Football so anything can happen. I think Lebanon will surprise someone (hope it is not us) and someone else will lose a game or two they should win.

MJ will be much better this year especially on defense but will need to keep our QB healthy this year.

Major; I agree with you. I think 2-5 can be anyone's and Lebanon will be a team to look out for. They lost games last year, but didn't get blown out by anyone and were very competitive. Coach Harp will have them improving every year.

I also think the MJ defense will be much better. Nothing like last year.

One more day till Spring practice!

GO BEARS !

Warning: memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to internal.memcached.coacht.net:11211, Connection refused (111) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

Hey mondo those kids living in Davidson county still going to play for Hendersonville.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You have a starting basketball player that lives in Davidson County also. You can lie if you want, but I can take you there.