Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Yeah, I'm playing at Middle right now.

I'm not sure who Blackman is scrimmaging.  Usually they scrimmage Franklin County and Centinniel.  But they play Centinniel during the season so I don't know for sure who they will scrimmage.  I'll try to find out.

825708218[/snapback]

Blackman will scrimmage possibly on Thursday versus Centinniel and then this Friday against Shelbyville. I know the Shelbyville scrimmage is set for 5 PM at BHS.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean it's not? I think we got some real good kids on the freshman team form there. It is a shame that they don't have football there.

825708341[/snapback]

County keeps growing they WILL have one soon. I wonder if this county has someone on the school board yet to co-ordinate recruiting? :angry: JUST KIDDING!!!

Lascassas and Eagleville are about the only two areas still left in this county that you can find those big ole corn fed farm boys.

County keeps growing they WILL have one soon.  I wonder if this county has someone on the school board yet to co-ordinate recruiting? :angry: JUST KIDDING!!!

Lascassas and Eagleville are about the only two areas still left in this county that you can find those big ole corn fed farm boys.

825708352[/snapback]

Now you know where we get our big ole boys on the line............ And most of our students period since alot of Oakland comes from kids that went to Lascassass. 2priceless is right, with as many good football players that we get from there, real shame they dont have a football program, heckuva good bball program though

County keeps growing they WILL have one soon.  I wonder if this county has someone on the school board yet to co-ordinate recruiting? :D JUST KIDDING!!!

825708352[/snapback]

Instead of recruiting, maybe we should institute a draft. With the two headed coin, we should wind up with the first 8-10 picks every year. :D

I tell you what. The freshman at oakland worry me this year. I really like the bass kid and the valenine kid is pretty good too. I saw them play at central and i think that both of those kids if they work hard and keep the grades up there could be BIG TIME colleges calling them.

What freshman does RIVERDALE have that have looked exciting at the skill positons. I dont worry about the line coach britton will take care of that.

Well years ago, they said they were going to put in county football teams at all the 1-8 schools and let them play each other. And you see how THAT happened. The no feeder school thing has crippled OHS for years. Now that we are getting more from CMS and more kids are coming out from Lascassas, we are building the numbers back up. We have 60 plus on the freshman team right now. I am telling you...this group is the cream of the crop. I am looking forward to watching them play and mature. With the nucleus we already have......man oh man. All I can say is buy up your Patriot gear while it is cheap. Our stock is rising folks..........

Lavergne having TWO feeder schools with football should help their numbers and help their talent level...esp since word says that several kids "sneak" into RC from the Antioch area b/c their folks work at Bridgestone or Nissan and it makes it easier on the parent. And with several Lavergne zoned kids going to either Smyrna or Blackman.....hahah plenty of room.

Wilson Central has around 1600 kids now too........man where are all these people coming from??????? Don't answer that b/c you will make me crave some Camino Real........

Edited by 2priceless

Well years ago, they said they were going to put in county football teams at all the 1-8 schools and let them play each other. And you see how THAT happened. The no feeder school thing has crippled OHS for years. Now that we are getting more from CMS and more kids are coming out from Lascassas, we are building the numbers back up. We have 60 plus on the freshman team right now. I am telling you...this group is the cream of the crop. I am looking forward to watching them play and mature. With the nucleus we already have......man oh man. All I can say is buy up your Patriot gear while it is cheap. Our stock is rising folks.........

825708546[/snapback]

You said Oakland had no feeder school for years, well neither has Blackman, Riverdale, and Siegal. All of there feeders now are schools that have been around less than five years. It just figures that Oakland would get the school that has been around the longest and has the most experience.

Last year though, I know Riverdale had alot of freshman (now sophmores) come in from Central because alot of kids that to Central are from the Cason Lane area which is zoned for Riverdale. It looks like Oakland got more of the players from Central this year or atleast their top players.