Richland @ Camden

treefitty74

Congrats to both Camden and Richland in wins over region 5-2A good teams, i am picking Camden in this one, they are the bigger and quicker team

I did. I do a weekly radio show that discusses high school football on Friday nights and I must say that I picked Camden over DCA by a 21-13 margin.

I must also say that I did not pick Richland over East Robertson and could only imagine a mystic could have made that call. But, nevertheless, congrats to the Raiders and Lions for well representing region 6-AA!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a very good feeling about camden winning last week...i give them all the credit in the world with the two non region schools they play...u can only get better by playin the better...camden wins over richland again this week....

what is the farest camden has ever went??

Camden went to the quarterfinals last year with wins over Lewis Co. in round one and Fairview in round two. In the third round they allowed Huntingdon to get out to a lead and then played them a good second half only to let Huntindon pull away again in the fourth quarter.

I really have a fear that camden might overlook Richland. That game was a long time ago, and Richland has obviously improved and they were a good team then. No matter how hard the coaches pump up the kids to be ready for a test, it is up to the kids to accept it, or think that the coaches are blowing it out of proportion. Camden responded to being an underdog last week, but they have not responded well to being a favorite. They laid an absolute egg against Lewis County. This is different, this is win or go home. As a transplant to this county, I hope Camden goes out playing their A game(whenever they go out). In the end, I think the solid group of kids will respond and win a close game. Something like a 21-14 type of game.

To me this game will depend totally on the D-Line and Secondary of the Raiders. If they can play hard nosed defense, stay away from the big plays, and win the turnover battle, they will win this game. Sounds familiar huh? They did this last week and relied heavily on their running game to bring down the Indians.

If the Richland Defense holds and the running game hits on some big plays, this may be another Raider upset. If they don't hold up and get away from their power attack, they will fall to a good Camden team!!

Richland - - 18

Camden - - 14

GO RAIDERS!! COME HOME WINNERS!! WE'LL ALL BE WAITING!! :D

I'm so ready for this game!! and I know that the boys are too! We've been waitin ALL season for this game and we're waitin on many more to come after this FRIDAY! I know if we play our top game on off. and def. then we got it in the bag. I watched the tape when we played Camden and we were not in line how we should have been. I think it was 15 times i counted. So our lines are goin to straight. We also had 3 players out from injuries when we played Camden. So i know those 3 guys can't wait! Well i thought i'd just say what i thought. I know it'll be a great game if BOTH teams play like they should, but if either teams slacks off this week in practice and if they bring it to the game then we'll know who will come out on top!

LET'S GO RAIDERS!!!

Some have stated that Camden will overlook Richland but Coach Ward will not let that happen again. As much as everyone says the Lions didn't overlook Lewis co I know they did. Considering how much they lost because of that I'm sure they will never be guilty of that again. We know Richland is a tough ballclub and if our helmets aren't screwed on straight they can come in and upset us like Lewis co did. If Camden plays mistake free ball like last week they can and will pull out the win. Hopefully we can have a great, CLEAN ballgame this time around....GO LIONS!

Some have stated that Camden will overlook Richland but Coach Ward will not let that happen again. As much as everyone says the Lions didn't overlook Lewis co I know they did. Considering how much they lost because of that I'm sure they will never be guilty of that again. We know Richland is a tough ballclub and if our helmets aren't screwed on straight they can come in and upset us like Lewis co did. If Camden plays mistake free ball like last week they can and will pull out the win. Hopefully we can have a great, CLEAN ballgame this time around....GO LIONS!

Amen, I hope it does stay clean this go around...Lots of dirty play went on with the last meeting...Hopefully the refs will see it this time...

Amen, I hope it does stay clean this go around...Lots of dirty play went on with the last meeting...Hopefully the refs will see it this time...

and it would even be better if we didn't have to deal with that stuff at all!....But if we do maybe the refs will catch it...there's no room for that stuff when you're in the playoffs and someone could get hurt from a cheap shot....also maybe we can give our yard marker guys some earplugs so they don't have to take the abuse they had to take last time. I really hope the players worry more about executing the plays and less about taking cheap shots and trash talking on the field and sidelines. GO LIONS!