David Lipscomb vs Livingston Academy

swipper

Well, I dunno if LA has a chance or not, they only went 5-5 in the regular season afterall... I'm sure DL will roll right through them and LA won't be able to do anything against the Lipscomb defense... oh well, it was a good run through 4 higher-seeded teams... :(

I hope your being sarcastic or maybe you were hit in the head by a piece of "THE WALL" that fell. Or maybe it was the cold weather LOL :D LA is on a ROLL thats not going to stop till they put a ring on their finger :D You did get one thing right tonight "it was a good run through 4 higher-seeded teams"....thats not over yet. The boys have worked and practiced and played their hearts out. They won't stop here!! GO WILDCATS H-O-G-E-Y-E HOGEYE HOGEYE T-N-T. I guess tonight i'm being a little cocky but who cares we are going to state for the first time in school history. They need to be braged on LOL Good night :D

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Hogeye. thats the only time i've ever said that, and i'm quite sure it will be the last, but wow, you boys from LA just won't quit will ya? Have you guys looked at what seed you are? you were a 4 seed, you werent supposed to get past the first round in knoxville. You Did. then you were supposed to go back to knoxville and get beat. You Didn't. And for the third week in a row, you were supposed to end your season in Knoxville. And for the third week in a row, You Didn't. Then a home game, but against the 13-0 Irish, your season was over, supposedly, but It Wasn't. Why would anyone in their right mind pick against DL in the championship game? thats just how the wildcats like it obviously. From a cookeville guy, we're all pulling for ya in the big city :D haha. go get that trophy. we couldnt do it but ya'll can. GO WILDCATS!

I hope your being sarcastic or maybe you were hit in the head by a piece of "THE WALL" that fell. Or maybe it was the cold weather LOL :( LA is on a ROLL thats not going to stop till they put a ring on their finger :D You did get one thing right tonight "it was a good run through 4 higher-seeded teams"....thats not over yet. The boys have worked and practiced and played their hearts out. They won't stop here!! GO WILDCATS H-O-G-E-Y-E HOGEYE HOGEYE T-N-T. I guess tonight i'm being a little cocky but who cares we are going to state for the first time in school history. They need to be braged on LOL Good night :D

Of course I was letting the sarcasm flow... LA wasn't supposed to beat any of these 4 teams afterall... :(

Best of luck to the LA boys in the championship game. :D

Congratulations to the Wildcats from the Roadrunners!

Continue the tradition and bring the gold ball back to Region 2-3A. Region 2-3A IS

the home of the Champions!!!

Thanks Roadrunner89..... The fact of the matter is that the Wildcats playied in the toughest region in the state as you well know. The lessons learned from playing in region 2 have proven to be very benificial for LA. (That may be the biggest understatement of the year ) Playing Fulton- Austin East- Catholic - Anderson Co. Kingston -and Scott Co. nite in and out will either make you a better team or a battered team. I like to think it has made us a better team without a doubt.

Hopefully LA can represent region 2 like the teams of the past have.

Livingston Academy in the Blue Cross Bowl! It is an amazing accomplishment! This team has set a standard at Livingston Academy. For as many years as football went to the playoff system, teams from LA have been trying to reach the same goal that you guys have obtained. Don't be satisfied Wildcats, and continue making history.

Guest catfish-hunter

david lipscomb beat two good teams in lexington and covington but livingston has played a brutal schedule all year and is hot at the right time....good luck to livingston...go get it...i love the underdogs and its great to see a 4 beat a 1 in the first round but to go all the way to the ship wow thats awesome :blink:

Lipscomb has "beat two good teams"????? What do you call Creek Wood and Cheatham Co.??????

Livingston has beaten Carter (9-2), Austin East (7-5), Knoxville Catholic (11-2), and Notre Dame (13-1). Lipscomb has beaten Creek Wood (9-3), twice they beat Cheatham Co. (9-3), Lexington (12-1), and Covington (11-3).

Livingston lost to Trousdale Co. (14-0), Smith Co. (9-3), and Fulton (8-4). They also lost to Catholic and AE but they beat those teams in the playoffs. Lipscomb's lone loss came way back in week one against Greenbrier (9-3).

There are two great backs on display in this one in Wilson Cates (Livingston) and Matt Elrod (David Lipscomb). I don't know about Cates but according to my calculations Elrod has rushed the football 259 times this year for a total of 1,807 yards and a whopping 34TD's. THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Could someone please get me the stats on Cates???? I know that he has had an amazing year rushing the football as well.

This really should be a good game. It has a cinderella story in LA being a 4 seed with a 5-5 record making it all the way to the championship, against the experienced DL Mustangs (3 championship games in the last 4 years, and a semi-final loss last year to eventual champ Alcoa).

There really isn't an "underdog" in this game. With the success and momentum that LA possesses right know, they could easily be favored to win. However, DL could just as easily be considered a heavy favorite because of their 13 game winning streak and vast playoff experience.

DL has quite a few injured players, and probably won't be at 100% by Saturday. However, if they can contain Cates, they will have a shot at winning.

I wish both teams safety in their travls. Go Mustangs!

There are two great backs on display in this one in Wilson Cates (Livingston) and Matt Elrod (David Lipscomb). I don't know about Cates but according to my calculations Elrod has rushed the football 259 times this year for a total of 1,807 yards and a whopping 34TD's. THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Could someone please get me the stats on Cates???? I know that he has had an amazing year rushing the football as well.

I don't know the exact numbers on Cates, but he went over 1000 yards on the season in the Austin East or Knox Catholic playoff game, don't remember which one. Not bad for a quarterback.

I'm sure they won't, but Lipscomb better not just think about and focus on Cates... LA also has 3 other great 'backs in Jones-LaRue, Reeder, and Vaughn.

Lipscomb has "beat two good teams"????? What do you call Creek Wood and Cheatham Co.??????

Livingston has beaten Carter (9-2), Austin East (7-5), Knoxville Catholic (11-2), and Notre Dame (13-1). Lipscomb has beaten Creek Wood (9-3), twice they beat Cheatham Co. (9-3), Lexington (12-1), and Covington (11-3).

Livingston lost to Trousdale Co. (14-0), Smith Co. (9-3), and Fulton (8-4). They also lost to Catholic and AE but they beat those teams in the playoffs. Lipscomb's lone loss came way back in week one against Greenbrier (9-3).

No need to get into who these two schools beat and got beat by, and their records. ND was a 13-0 team that got beat by a 9-5 team. Last night showed that those things are out the door.

I am sure Elrod is a great runningback, right? That is pretty good yardage for a runningback. Wilson Cates is a QUARTERBACK with nearly 1400 yards rushing on the season. "THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!" Should be a great game

Go LA!

Livingston Academy is the best footbal team I have seen all year......atleast last nights team was.....I cover football in chattanooga and east Tennessee and Livingston has all the key elements to win a state title with the biggest being heart!!And all their kids play with it...I hated to see the Irish lose,but Livingston is without a doubt poised for a state title....I wish you guys the best and WILSON CATES should be Mr. Football for every class in Tennessee..............If there was a heisman for tssaa to give to one player I would vote for cates!!!!!