Maryville and 5A

REBELRON

Hey TG......you may want to do a little research. Last year Alcoa beat McCallie and Fulton....remember Fulton? You may want to take a glimpse at their wins and losses plus their schedule the last five years before you make a foolish statement such as the one you made.

I don't see your point here. They beat a 3A school in Fulton who couldn't make it past the second round of the playoffs, and McCallie is something to be impressed about? Powell beat McCallie, also. Alcoa is actually in the bottom-half of Blount County schools. The reason they are so highly rated is the fact that they play in 2A. The truth of the matter is that Alcoa would not be competitive in 4A or 5A, however they may be able to win a few on 3A, but that does not put them on the smae planet as OR, Maryville, etc. As a matter of fact, I have done my research, as this is just one of the many series that could expose Alcoa. Look at the series with William Blount since 2001

2001- Alcoa 33 William Blount 30

2002- Alcoa 8 William Blount 44

2003- Alcoa 6 William Blount 28

2004(the year Alcoa was 14-1 and 2A State Champions, and WB went 3-7)- Alcoa 20 William Blount 7

If you look at the facts, Alcoa is actually on par with one of the "lower" Blount County teams, which last year probably would've beaten them. Let's stop putting Alcoa on such a high, undeserved pedestal.

Edited by TG24

I don't see your point here. They beat a mediocre 3A school in Fulton, and McCallie is something to be impressed about? Powell beat McCallie, also. Alcoa is actually in the bottom-half of Blount County schools. The reason they are so highly rated is the fact that they play in 2A. The truth of the matter is that Alcoa would not be competitive in 4A or 5A, however they may be able to win a few on 3A, but that does not put them on the smae planet as OR, Maryville, etc. As a matter of fact, I have done my research, as this is just one of the many series that could expose Alcoa. Look at the series with William Blount since 2001

2001- Alcoa 33 William Blount 30

2002- Alcoa 8 William Blount 44

2003- Alcoa 6 William Blount 28

2004(the year Alcoa was 14-1 and 2A State Champions, and WB went 3-7)- Alcoa 20 William Blount 7

If you look at the facts, Alcoa is actually on par with one of the "lower" Blount County teams, which last year probably would've beaten them. Let's stop putting Alcoa on such a high, undeserved pedestal.

TG....here is what I stated

Last year they could. Their only loss was to the top team in the state.....Maryville. Absolutely dominated 5A runner-up Oak "soon to be 3A" Ridge in a pre-game scrimmage. They will be strong again this year with possible the best skilled position players in the state. Thet will be vulnerable in the line this year.

I did not reference the previous years but IMO they were one of the top 5 or 6 teams the state last year. Also FYI......2A was last year and has been for a few years stronger than 3A. I base that statement on wathing virtually all the State championship games the last 5 years or so.

Here is something else for you. I am not an Alcoa fan...

I do have one question. Why does GQ travel every year up to the OR scrimmage? Oak Ridge in, the past has been a great program and a good practice for the Rebels, but why does Maryville have to go up there?

Maybe OR fans would not travel down to Maryville because they know the catz are going to get embarrased most seasons down here. Heck GQ went up to DB last year and that was a cake walk for the starters.

Maryville is the only Real High School power in East Tennessee at present, PERIOD! 3-4A is the toughest region in Tennessee reguardless of classifcation. Who has a better record? None! Will the run end? Me thinks yes, but not this year.

By the way what is the best polish to use on state championship rings?

God I love stupid people.....and now we know how young you are...go back to the record....I believe 1993....likely the year you were born....TSSAA went from 3 classifications to 5....Oak Ridge had 1050 students....a 3A school under the new catagory....As the outgoing booster president...I was part of the discussion regarding the classification we would compete in.....no discussion...OR would play up and compete in 5A.....Maryville was playing 2A but had about the same number of students.....they chose not to go to 5A...(no balls at all)...but to play at their classification...not up. Heck, even Anderson County chose to play up....although they did drop back a few years later.

Do the research son....then you won't look so....inexperienced.....!

Only someone who knows nothing about the game would ever consider a scrimage to be a game....to win or loose....every team has a plan of things to evaluate during a scrimage.....Maryville has a wonderful coaching staff...I can assure you they were not concerned about the score...or popped off to anyone about thumping OR....they certainly know what a scrimage is.....who knows what key players were missing or what Stanton's plan was...only their staff could answer that question. Didn't OR have a new coaching staff at that time? It would have been interesting to know what they were looking at.

Regarding your Ravenwood reference...I am an Oak Ridger...I played for OR...my two oldest sons played for OR...my #4 son was the RT on the Ravenwood team...I love both programs....per position...Ravenwood was a bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic team....and they also may have been outcoached...concerning your Ravenwood - Maryville prediction...not worthy of another response! Either play with the big boys or shut-up...by that I mean a real game!

OK i was going to stay off here but as most Maryville people know I just cannot keep my mouth shut when Maryville is being bashed....if you want someone to get their facts straight then you should start with your own...in 1992 i know there were 5 classes because for a fact where I used to live played Maryville in the playoffs and won (which was the last year that that team beaet Maryville since then) and also beat OR in that same year...and went to the 4A state championships where we lost to Gallatin...Maryville was 4A then and is 4A now...those are the facts prove me wrong if I am....GO REBELS!

BTW...have any goal posts been torn down lately...just wondering...hahahahahahaha

Edited by rebelguy21

OK i was going to stay off here but as most Maryville people know I just cannot keep my mouth shut when Maryville is being bashed....if you want someone to get their facts straight then you should start with your own...in 1992 i know there were 5 classes because for a fact where I used to live played Maryville in the playoffs and won (which was the last year that that team beaet Maryville since then) and also beat OR in that same year...and went to the 4A state championships where we lost to Gallatin...Maryville was 4A then and is 4A now...those are the facts prove me wrong if I am....GO REBELS!

BTW...have any goal posts been torn down lately...just wondering...hahahahahahaha

you dumb@ss, the first year after the switch from 3A to 5A was 1993, dont be criticizing people if you dont even have your own facts straight. your posting privileges have been revoked on account of stupidity.

Maryville will go to 5A in 2009. As long as George Quarles and his staff stay around Maryville will compete at the highest level whether it is 4A or 5A. Maryville's coaching staff is more superior than anyone elses. That isn't bragging. This is the facts. When those guys leave Maryville will slip big time.

I was talking to a former Maryville player while I was riding my bike through the Maryville greenway this past saturday. He played on the 2001,2002 and 2003 teams. He went on and on about how great the coaching was. He said that coaching staff broke down the film and noticed tendencies on the other team.

you dumb@ss, the first year after the switch from 3A to 5A was 1993, dont be criticizing people if you dont even have your own facts straight. your posting privileges have been revoked on account of stupidity.

hahaha :blink:

Edited by FHS54

Are you saying WB would have probably beaten Alcoa last year?

I am not going to get into this whole 2A thru 5A debate but WB would NOT have beaten Alcoa last year.