Unique Names

Rangerbook06

Alright. I got a ? for any of ya'll. Which school uses the Turkey as a mascot... Also, who are the FEET??? And what about the Honeybears???

Webb School in Bell Buckle, TN is the Feet (Webb Feet). They play 7-man football.

Harpeth Hall private all-girl's school in Nashville is the Honey Bears.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Termite

I can't believe it. All this knowledge and nonsense. And everybody left off the absolute BEST nickname for any high school in Tennessee.

I don't like them, and I HATE going there...but the best and most unique HAS TO BE ......the YORK DRAGONS....

They even have a 10 foot (?) dragon on the field that breaths fire and eyes light up....

Since this thread does not appear to be limited to football, I will throw in one of my favorites: Girls Preparatory School, a very expensive all-girls prep school (as the name implies) on the river in Chattanooga, are the Bruisers.

The all-girls schools have a lot of pretty impressive ones--the Bruisers (colors: black and blue), the Harpeth Hall Honeybears, the St. Cecilia Scarabs, the St. Mary's Turkeys, and the Hutchison Sting. Immaculate Conception used to be the Mallards (now Lady Wildcats), and for a long time St. Agnes didn't have one (now the relatively common Stars).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...