Coach Bashing

BDURHAM

Why do people bash coaches on these boards?

They are cowards.

The real problem is when posters don't stop with

one or two negative comments. These Knights

of the Keyboards attack a coach's character and

entire career.

My theory is that they are cowards, and no one

listens to them. And when no one listens to them,

their attack regresses to the point that the coach

should be fired, never was a good coach, and he

is killing our program.

Please consider the following logic. Anyone who

knows what they are talking about would never try

to destroy a coach’s reputation on these boards.

There are better ways to deal with a problem, if a

problem actually exists.

Many of these Knights of the Keyboards claim to

be concerned about the "kids" on the team. Sure

they are! They are probably also concerned about

a coach's wife and children. The coach's team and

family really benefit from these lucid insights these

cowards are posting on these boards.

Why are they allowed to make these posts on these

boards? Good question. But if it is all about free

speech, please make your feelings known about these

Knights of the Keyboards and their crusades to

kill the reputation of coaches.

If you see an inappropriate comment about a coach,

please post your concern in the thread. Ignoring the

post allows someone to tear a coach’s reputation apart

(unchallenged), and a coach should not have to live

with this type of cowardly attacks. It is not fair to the

coach, his family, or his team.

Please deal with these cowards. They are people that

would be ignored in the stands and at the coffee shops,

ut now their twisted views are finding their way into

schools and into the lives of coach’s families. This

is the dark side of these boards, and these dark comments

made by cowards should be challenged by us all.

I am considering mentioning the board names of some of

these cowards in this thread. Why not? If they can post

all they want about a coach, why not post about these

cowards in this thread?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the power the Internet has to access information worldwide, it also created forums for people of like interests to discuss those interests.

Unfortunately in some cases, the anonymity it provides takes away the social or legal veneer of responsibility.

There is no boundry for comments that are not factual, illogical, or hyper-critical; no is there no boundry for immoral, illegal, or disgusting comments. The only barrier is the rules within the online communities that self-police.

On this board we have moderators. It is up to the moderators to inforce our agreed upon guidelines. If Coach T and the moderators don't want a topic or thread, they can and do end it.

I agree on what you are speaking; however, ALL unfounded comments can be damaging, particularly for the families. Rumors have been spread here and people have been hurt.

This should be a topic for the powers that be to see whether or not these comments should be allowed.

If posters don't like this, then start your own "www. FIRE COACH WHOMEVER.com"

Then you will attract your type of people.

How about if you do not like a particular thread, do not click on it. Who really takes internet message boards seriously anyway? I'm in the same Sunday School class as my high schools head coach and I have never heard him say anything about what people on here say. Everyone knows who this web site is for and they know to take whatever is said on here with a grain of salt.

Ahhhh the hypocrisy, the same people that want coaches left alone will bash a player mercilessly on the very same thread. If its open season on players than coaches should get the same treatment. Coaches have an air of infallibility on here that players don`t get half of. Coaches can do no wrong, yet a player gets ripped for one thing a person doesn`t like? Is that fair? If you don`t like the heat get out of the kitchen, there are plenty of schools where a coach can go with low expectations where he won`t face any criticism.

I am sure this is Parents that think that there kid shouldn't play a certain position or that they should be playing more than they are. Coach's jobs are to put the best 11 on the field and win games and a lot of people will disagree with who the best 11 are and this is a place to vent and get it off there chest but most of the time it will not help them. I am not saying that this site is for bashing or complaining but at sometimes it seems this way.

There is NO way that a Coach can make everybody happy and that is not there job because nobody can do that and there will be disagreement forever. There is also no way that every team can win every game and make everyone happy. Everyone wants there children to go out a winner as a Senior but that cannot happen but they will understand one day that football is life because you will win and lose at life and make mistakes in life.

If you are looking for a perfect website to talk about high school football and discuss things in a civil manner I have an idea and that is to have everyone that signs up using there real name and post with there real name. That will stop people from hiding behind a name that no one knows.