BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

If he does go there won't that be like 4 schools in like 4 years? :lol:

Don't sound like he knows how or wants to build a winning program anywhere to me. :lol:

As much as I want Johnson to come here, you almost have to wonder how long he'll be at CHS. 1 losing season and maybe he'll start to consider going somewhere else, (maybe BA if Flatt decides to retire). I think a move like this would certainly ruin his reputation. However, maybe rebuilding Centennial will present a challenge he is willing to try. Also, talk has really started to pick up about one of the Brentwood guys too.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG UPDATE: TAKE ONE OF THOSE NAMES OFF THE BOARD

After a lot of speculation, Jack Daniels has taken the head coaching job at Page High School. Daniels was considering both Centennial and Page, but acknowledged that CHS was his first choice. However, he went with the Patriots, taking one major named mentioned off this board. With this major development, how does the coaching search turn now for Centennial?

Edited by CHS 2007

As much as I want Johnson to come here, you almost have to wonder how long he'll be at CHS. 1 losing season and maybe he'll start to consider going somewhere else, (maybe BA if Flatt decides to retire). I think a move like this would certainly ruin his reputation. However, maybe rebuilding Centennial will present a challenge he is willing to try. Also, talk has really started to pick up about one of the Brentwood guys too.

Jack Daniels to Page High was a done deal in August, Tim Brown the vice principal at Page has used to be at BHS. Small World.

Jack Daniels to Page High was a done deal in August, Tim Brown the vice principal at Page High used to be at BHS. Small World.

WHAT!! Page??? but why??

What???Why would he pick Centennial over Page......CHS is pretty much dead thanks to you know who. Lots more potential at Page....and I mean lots more.......where would he go in that region 5a.

aaannnn....as far as saying Centennial was his first choice....now that's a laugher!!!!

If so,,,,he needs to bail now.

What???Why would he pick Centennial over Page......CHS is pretty much dead thanks to you know who. Lots more potential at Page....and I mean lots more.......where would he go in that region 5a.

aaannnn....as far as saying Centennial was his first choice....now that's a laugher!!!!

If so,,,,he needs to bail now.

Uh, those words came strait from Daniels' mouth buddy. Hate to break it to ya.

Jack moved to Rutherford County, so the Page commute would be somewhat closer. Tim Brown used to be his linebackers coach, so the fit is natural- plus it is a little smaller situation. I know Jack, and while he might have been playing nice to talk about Centennial and it might have been intriguing (in a loopy sort of way), I don't think it was as serious a consideration as you might have wished.

The new Cougar coach needs to be an outsider, IMO, and not someone with ties to WillCo. That way, he can start off fresh without any preconceived ideas.

I still think Hunter Hughes would be perfect- providing Dr. Heath is on vacation when the final say-so is given :D

Jack moved to Rutherford County, so the Page commute would be somewhat closer. Tim Brown used to be his linebackers coach, so the fit is natural- plus it is a little smaller situation. I know Jack, and while he might have been playing nice to talk about Centennial and it might have been intriguing (in a loopy sort of way), I don't think it was as serious a consideration as you might have wished.

The new Cougar coach needs to be an outsider, IMO, and not someone with ties to WillCo. That way, he can start off fresh without any preconceived ideas.

I still think Hunter Hughes would be perfect- providing Dr. Heath is on vacation when the final say-so is given :D

And I assume you know why Heath might balk at the opportunity. I can assure you that I do. If you really know the reason, I can't imagine why you think HH would be "perfect".

I still think Hunter Hughes would be perfect- providing Dr. Heath is on vacation when the final say-so is given :thumb:

fromthetop2......Do you have any idea what I would give to get on that committee too? Dist11fan....I don't think the length of post needed to fully explain this one is allowed. Maybe we can all 3 do it in shifts.

And I assume you know why Heath might balk at the opportunity. I can assure you that I do. If you really know the reason, I can't imagine why you think HH would be "perfect".

HH days of coaching in Wilco are long gone!

New zone lines should be made public next month. Page may get as many as 250 new students the next year.

Come on, the guy has Metro Coaching Experience, WillCo experience, and experience with a major University. He DOES know defense. He'd kill to get the chance. He might even find someone here and settle down permanently (now I've really gone out on a limb).

You'd have to agree that double H would eventually provide some new fodder for this board, Coach Dan, and all who know and miss him. Maybe Coach Pat could come back and reunite. Or he could go with Jack to Page- Tim would really enjoy being a principal then, don't you think?

DAD 1, I'd do it just to sit in the back of the room to see Dr. Heath's face.

HH days of coaching in Wilco are long gone!

New zone lines should be made public next month. Page may get as many as 250 new students the next year.

With the new zoning, CHS could also be getting more new students; more from Freedom and some from Page.

As for Hughes, that' not a name I've thought about, but he would be a good fit. He is a defensive minded coach who would be open to run the spread O. He's got a lot of other coaching connections that he would bring to Centennial. If he was one of the names mentioned by the team, the future could be very bright