Gallatin versus Ravenwood

just1np

Trust me, they know how to win.

What is the forecast for Friday night?

Yes, we see that. Six wins. One, two, three, four, five, six.

I wonder, did Ravenwood petition the TSSAA for better seeding since they lost to those teams? Cause it really makes a difference, doesn't it? Maybe a bye week, that seems fair. No wait, they took that last week.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are referring to the (all-important) Tennessean Mid-State Top Ten then you have incorrect 'facts'. For I believe they had Antioch ranked in their silly little poll at one point. And to bringing that up kind of makes the point- Ravenwood has a loosing record versus good teams. Guess what, Gallatin is a good team. If you think otherwise feel free to lay out your thesis.

Coach T strength of schedule---Ravenwood ranked 15, Gallatin 60. Is that better or do you want to wrestle with Coach T about his silly little rankings!!! Point made--Antioch could not beat any of the above teams but maybe Hillwood or Glencliff or Wilson Central or well you surely get the point by now.

well i have been quiet and was not gonna respond to any of this garbage but i have decided to speak FRI.night will be largest loudest crowd RAVENWOOD has seen this and oh yeah the most obnoxious rudest though i doubt that seeing how they in the snobbiest region in middle TN. but i personally will do what ever i have to make sure this crowd is loud FRI NIGHT. as far as the game goes this group of SRS. have one thing on there minds and it all starts FRI night 1 game at a time and RAVENWOOD just happens to be game 1 of the new season. they are more focused now than they have been all yr . it doesnt matter to them who they play i guarantee they are not looking at stats just what they need to do to win game 1. THE DEFENSE is healthy i understand FISHER will be back this week so its all good on that side of the ball and im sure COREY and BUTLER will both see time under centerit doesnt matter who QBS the rest of the guys will make enogh plays good luck GREEN WAVE GET WELL SOON JT AND REMEMBER LETS BRING THE G FACTOR BACK

Maam, I have a hard time believing that a woman like you would call a young man a "jerk", etc. etc. (See post below).Please don't be so harsh next time and by all means don't scare us all by "pumping in the noise" at the game this Friday. We have all been to Gallatin High in the past, let's see, 2 years ago in the playoffs. Hope we did not offend you then by ignoring the noise and beating your team that year. Please settle down and go fix dinner!!!!

I want to know what happened at Dickson County. I mean to listen to the Williamson County folks you would think that all of their teams have this high-powered offense that can't be stopped. But DC shut down Franklin (should have won), shut down Ravenwood, and shut down Brentwood. As the old commercial said, "Where's the beef"?

My point is this:

DC has a very good defense. Gallatin has a very good defense-maybe even better. DC allowed a combined 14 points to those three schools. So I see very little reason to get nervous about anyone but DC out of that region.

Care to counter that arguement? Just make sure you use FACTS, and not CRAP.

I thought the conditions - wet and soft field, sporadic wind and rain - favored Dickson County. They appeared to control the line of scrimmage the entire game. Also, Ravenwood stayed pinned deep in their own territory early and their kicking game couldn't change field position. I believe the field conditions slowed Ravenwood down somewhat.

The score was 7-0 at halftime. DC continued to control the game in the second half and scored 14 more. Ravenwood had chance to score with about a minute left in the game but failed on a fourth down attempt.

Some folks I've talked to said Ravenwood played very conservatively and didn't reveal anything new. Can't speak to that one way or the other. DC's defense continued its good play after the Franklin game. Either way Ravenwood couldn't answer DC that night. It's just my humble opinion. Take it for what its worth.

I thought the conditions - wet and soft field, sporadic wind and rain - favored Dickson County. They appeared to control the line of scrimmage the entire game. Also, Ravenwood stayed pinned deep in their own territory early and their kicking game couldn't change field position. I believe the field conditions slowed Ravenwood down somewhat.

The score was 7-0 at halftime. DC continued to control the game in the second half and scored 14 more. Ravenwood had chance to score with about a minute left in the game but failed on a fourth down attempt.

Some folks I've talked to said Ravenwood played very conservatively and didn't reveal anything new. Can't speak to that one way or the other. DC's defense continued its good play after the Franklin game. Either way Ravenwood couldn't answer DC that night. It's just my humble opinion. Take it for what its worth.

Your opinion is right on target on all the points. DC has a class program and class fans. I guarantee you that they have an offense to go with their solid defense. Hope to see you all again this year.

Talk about Ravenwood being 6-4.

Losses against

BA

Franklin*

Brentwood*

Dickson County

*Represents games which Michael Becker was injured and either missed the entire game, or wasn't near 100%.

Ravenwood has something Gallatin doesn't:

A state ring.

Trust me, every one of Ravenwood's seniors saw significant time last year and they know how to win. Rector will have them ready. I can't wait to see this game play out.

What is the forecast for Friday night?

Sounds like you're making excuses. All football teams have to deal with injuries. By the way, I thought Michael Becker looked good against Brentwood. The weather looks good for Friday. I guess you just lost another excuse. Are you sure about Gallatin never winning state?

I think this is the spiciest game of the four. Gallatin has been a "rock of steadiness" all year. Fourty some seniors ...leadership, tradition, coaching, depth... no reason whatsoever as to why they shouldn't go deep as many predict.

But something tells me that the risk taker in Coach Rector might just have enough up his sleeve to pull an upset here.

Guys I have bad news,

J.T. Ferrell is out for the season. Heard it from the most reliable source. Apparrently they tried to let the lung heal without season ending surgery, but the lung has not responded. Please pray for J.T., for a full recovery. We all know as sports nuts, that this must be truly devastating to a senior that means so much to this team.

Also found out that Beech has dropped Gallatin fro the schedule, WOO HOO. Maybe Lil' Bro @ Station Camp will get their matchup.